PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform - Black Residue

MarkMos
06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
I have a 2009 LSV and the swim platform is covered with black rubber pads. The interior of my boat is mostly white, and the residue from the rubber gets everywhere (when someone comes onto the boat from the platform - they leave black footprints). Is there something that I can seal the rubber with that will keep this from happening?

viking
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
YES - replace it with Seadek and never worry about it again. Best fix and upgrade you'll ever do!

KSmith
06-20-2011, 04:44 PM
2010 Outback V, same pad, same black footprints, and my SeaDek swimpad should have shipped Friday. :-)

08LSV
06-21-2011, 11:37 PM
I have a 2009 LSV and the swim platform is covered with black rubber pads. The interior of my boat is mostly white, and the residue from the rubber gets everywhere (when someone comes onto the boat from the platform - they leave black footprints). Is there something that I can seal the rubber with that will keep this from happening?

Let me know if anyone is doing a group buy again. I remember passing on it a couple of years ago and wishing I hadn't... I forget (put it off) every winter and remember the first day of every summer when I track black crap all over my interior. Definitely going to get a Seadeck soon.

Elite Marine
06-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I want one too. Who else? I dont know what is the quanitity required for a "group buy"

Anyone?

04OUTBACK
06-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Scrub it real clean and put some Marine 303 protectant on it.. it will "MINIMIZE" some

rdlangston13
06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
this is interesting to me as i still have the factory black rubber pads and to date i have had no issue with the foot prints tracking....

scoot_gt
06-26-2011, 10:46 PM
this is interesting to me as i still have the factory black rubber pads and to date i have had no issue with the foot prints tracking....

Its typically worse if your pad sits in the sun every day.

cab13367
06-27-2011, 09:29 AM

Apparently, they changed suppliers of the black pad at some point and that's when the problems started. My '06 still has the original pad and I've never had problems with it either.

jmvotto
06-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Apparently, they changed suppliers of the black pad at some point and that's when the problems started. My '06 still has the original pad and I've never had problems with it either.

Same here my 07 pad was fine from the foot prints, hard on the knees and just not cool

old pad
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0177.jpg

New pad
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0179.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh254/jmvotto/IMAG0180.jpg

myster
06-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I put that new armorall gel on it this year....brought it right back to black and sealed it I guess so no black footprints now!!:cool:

Mikey
06-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I've had this problem from 2nd year on . I have an 07. Temporary fix is Clean it,dry it Spray it with Clear Laquer. I've done this yearly and it works but is slippery.

I have an order for a Seadek myself,somewhere in limbe due to postal strike. Oh BTW THANKS for Nothing CANADA POST.

ptcbtchr
06-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I just bought a 2010 outback this spring and when I went to sign the paperwork the dealer told me that the deck pad was recalled. They were supposed to fix it before delivery but it was missed. I can tell you mine makes a mess on the white interior and I just haven't had time to get boat back to dealer to have them put correct one on. Might check with your dealer and see if it qualifies for a recall.

Mark

E4NASH
06-28-2011, 05:07 PM
YES - replace it with Seadek and never worry about it again. Best fix and upgrade you'll ever do!

What he said!! That was the very first thing I did! I brought the boat home and ordered the pad 3 days later....

rdlangston13
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
the biggest issue with my swim platform is the gel coat is majorly cracked on the outside of it. guess it is from flexing for have too much weight on the corners?

kojack
07-02-2011, 10:04 PM
My platform was cracked basically everywhere. I removed all the gelcoat and brought it to bare fiberglass. Spoke with a friend who works with gelcoat and told me gelcoat has no flex so it will eventually crack again. So i brought it to Line-X and got it sprayed white. Waiting for the seadek pad. No more cracking for me.