PDA

View Full Version : Bow NAV light not working

E4NASH
06-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Ok so for some reason my Bow NAV light is not working. My light on my tower works fine. Yes, I have looked at the bulb and it looks fine. However, I have not replaced it with a new one to be certain it's not the bulb. Unfortunately I didn't check if the light worked prior to installing my LEDs. My boat did not have a courtesy light switch so I wired them into the NAV\Anchor light swtich. During my install I did manage to break the existing switch and I had to order a new switch from the dealer. The new switch is wired EXACTLY as the original one was with one exception, I did not cut or splice into any of the existing wires. I bought an adapter pin that allowed me to add another pin to each connection to connect my lights.

My question is could it be a fuse? I would assume the bow light and the tower light would be on the same fuse but that may not be the case.

I have not tested the connection at the light with a meter.

Also, could someone tell me where the fusebox is located on my boat? I was unable to locate it under the helm all I see under there is a plate that seems to terminate some connections. Is the fusebox in the cubby with the batteries?

We are probably going to be doing some late evening boating over the 4th of July weekend and I REALLY need to get this fixed before we leave for Lake Lanier on the 30th.

Thanks for the help!

E4NASH
06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm going to start by replacing the bulb tonight and then work my way back to the fuse...then, if it still doesn't work I will be at a loss.

Canuckle Head
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm going to start by replacing the bulb tonight and then work my way back to the fuse...then, if it still doesn't work I will be at a loss.

Check the connections under your dash. I had the same problem and found that the wire clip had come off of the terminal.

E4NASH
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Check the connections under your dash. I had the same problem and found that the wire clip had come off of the terminal.

The only connection I can think of would be the swtich and I know none of those are loose or not connected. But I will recheck... Thanks for the tip!

E4NASH
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Issue has been resolved....the positive wire was disconnected from the light assembly. Should've checked that a while ago...easy fix...

viking
06-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm Glad WE could HELP........he he :D