PDA

View Full Version : Look out 06's and 07's

kayjayfech
06-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I wanted to keep everyone in the loop. My insurance co. sent my swim platform brackets to a metallurgist in California and he determined the brackets were defective and this should be covered by SC.

SC is reviewing the findings and the letter from my insurance company (they denied my claim) and will get back to me on whether or not they are going to cover the $2,600.00 in damages.

kayjayfech
06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Sorry, I thought I attached this to my earlier post. So, for those who are new to the situation, my swim platform completely broke off the boat because the braces and mounts on the platform and attached to the hull were faulty. SC said the 06's and 07's were not made for surfing!!!!! Even some of the 08 models! I am fighting with them to get this covered and they re-engineered braces and mounts they are using on their newer models that I paid to have installed on mine. $2,600.

So far SC is sticking with their original claim, so if you have any boat older than an 07, watch out or your platform might just rip off!

mnpracing
06-20-2011, 02:42 PM
do you have pictures of the new mounts and brackets? I'm wondering what they are doing differently in the newer models?

kayjayfech
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Attached are pics of the new brackets and mounts.

kayjayfech
06-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Last picture

mnpracing
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
is the only difference the set screws at the top of the transom-mounted bracket?

Suprahunter
06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
What does surfing have to do with the platform breaking off?

08LSV
06-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Kajay are the new mounts a direct replacement? Do they just bolt up? do you remember how much just the mounts cost? This has me a little worried as my brackets are not that type in the picture you posted. I am assuming the ones I have are the older ones. They do not have any set srews only the pin at the bottom. I was just going to do Brainrinse's mod of adding some stainless allen set screws to the bracket to stop the rattle.