PDA

View Full Version : GROUP BUY: Fulton F2 jack and adapter plate

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Final package price for the dual wheel Fulton F2 jack and the primed adapter plate will be $131 plus S&H.

The order has been placed! Shipments will start going out next week. The seller is in the midst of their peak season and slammed with orders so please be patient. The company is a major name and will most certainly hold up their end of this deal, so no worries.

1. mnpracing (PAID)
2. ian ashton (PAID)
3. viking (PAID)
4. csm (PAID)
5. jeilers1 (PAID)
6. jjolson (PAID)
7. mmandley (PAID)
8. rvette (PAID)
9. jester (PAID)
10. millerda68 (PAID)
11. ericnel (PAID)
12. ORboatpilot (PAID)

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/FUL-1413020134_med.jpg

Here's a link to the adapter plate: http://www.boatmateparts.com/products/Jacks+and+Hardware-tag-Jacks+and+Hardware/F2+JACK+ADAPTER+PLATES-t-71-0013.htm

KG's Supra24
06-20-2011, 10:15 AM
uugghhhhhh ... why do you do this to me??

Any idea how long this will be open?

Do you know if you get any additional height versus the factory jack?

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 10:24 AM
uugghhhhhh ... why do you do this to me??

Any idea how long this will be open?

Do you know if you get any additional height versus the factory jack?

No set time yet, just checking to see who is interested.

There is an adjustment on the back of the jack that allows it to slide up and down relative to the mounting point. So you can definitely gain some height over factory this way (I did.) The only trade off is that you sacrifice how low you can drop the trailer.

lsvboombox
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
i may be interseted..

jmvotto
06-20-2011, 10:32 AM
For the Jack and the plate? 131. plus s&H

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 10:34 AM
For the Jack and the plate? 131. plus s&H
Yep. I updated the first post to make this more clear - thanks!

mnpracing
06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm in......................

jmvotto
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
i am a maybe..

ian ashton
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd be in on that, but I'd like to see the adapter plate first - wanna post a pic? :)

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
I'd be in on that, but I'd like to see the adapter plate first - wanna post a pic? :)

Yep, the link in the first post is an actual pic.

csm
06-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I am a maybe also, but can you do a mini-review of what you've found? I'm mainly interested to see if it's any harder to manually position the dual wheel once it's under full load... Right now, when I want to take my trailer out of the garage, in order to point the jack wheel in the opposite direction from when i put it in, I have to kick the hell out of it and hope the trailer doesn't fall on my leg. Any idea if this is any easier/harder w/ the dual-wheel? Can you just start pulling in the direction you want it to go and the wheels will self-adjust? Or am I hoping for too much....

sandm
06-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Brain, you stink :) I just did this a few months ago and spent more.......

My opinion. Its a great mod and the jack is 100 times more stable than the basic factory jack.. and the bling factor is there...

My only bitch was that its lower than the factory jack, but now that I know there's an adjustment to it, time to go back to work. Guess that's what I get for beingt a man and not reading the directions :)

viking
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm in!

SandM - didn't you advise to get the 1 wheel version of the F2 jack if you were to do it over again? Is that an option BrainRinse?

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Any idea if this is any easier/harder w/ the dual-wheel? Can you just start pulling in the direction you want it to go and the wheels will self-adjust? Or am I hoping for too much....
MUCH easier with the dual wheel. You will still a heavy boat on a heavy trailer, but I can swing the front of my boat around in my garage without much effort.

Brain, you stink :) I just did this a few months ago and spent more.......

My opinion. Its a great mod and the jack is 100 times more stable than the basic factory jack.. and the bling factor is there...

My only bitch was that its lower than the factory jack, but now that I know there's an adjustment to it, time to go back to work. Guess that's what I get for beingt a man and not reading the directions :)
If it makes you feel better I spent more on my setup too and I had completely installed the jack before realizing the height was adjustable. :)

I'm in!

SandM - didn't you advise to get the 1 wheel version of the F2 jack if you were to do it over again? Is that an option BrainRinse?
Several people I talked to about the group buy don't even stock the single wheel because it's even harder than the stocker to move around. The idea with the dual wheels is that they are smaller diameter and independent so it's easier to get rolling and turn. I've never tested the single wheel though so I'm just passing this on as second-hand info.

viking
06-20-2011, 04:29 PM
No Problem BrainRinse. I'm in either way. Just remember back in SandM's post somewhere that he indicated he wished he'd gone 1-wheel version. Maybe I'm make stuff up in my head?? :confused:

brain_rinse
06-20-2011, 04:32 PM
No Problem BrainRinse. I'm in either way. Just remember back in SandM's post somewhere that he indicated he wished he'd gone 1-wheel version. Maybe I'm make stuff up in my head?? :confused:
I don't think you're making it up... I remembered something about the 1 wheel version also which was why I was checking with the sellers about it. I was surprised to hear the reviews as well.

csm
06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
MUCH easier with the dual wheel. You will still a heavy boat on a heavy trailer, but I can swing the front of my boat around in my garage without much effort.

Count me in. Thanks Brain. And thanks for posting this deal. Assuming shipping isn't like $70, this is a heck of a deal.

ian ashton
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep. I updated the first post to make this more clear - thanks!

Oh cool, I didn't even notice that! Sign me up!

sandm
06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
this one doesn't feel much easier to move the front of the boat around than the other single wheel'ed factory version. still find myself having to use the foot as a persuader to move the wheels the direction that I want it to go... thought the single wheel version would be easier to do that, but if the retailers are saying no, then so be it..

that being said, I noticed with the factory jack that when it was all the way up, it had a nice lean in it, almost like it was ready to kink and collapse under the weight. this fulton is ROCK SOLID and feels like a quality piece when you raise/lower it..
one option box I would check with ANY boat in the future. feels much better...

KSmith
06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
AGH!!!! Dang it, I'd love to snag one, but alas, tapped out currently (upcoming vacation, too many boat toys ordered already this year, and just bought a Jeep....) Next year perhaps.

jeilers1
06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll take one, let me know the ordering details

you da man
06-20-2011, 07:01 PM
The F2 jack is very nice and solid. Two fingers to crank up or down. The Fulton winch is nice as well.

jester
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
I might also be in on this. You know you are evil for bring this up since now I am thinking of spending more money on the boat.

jjolson
06-20-2011, 09:06 PM
I would like one

Salyers
06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
I would also be interested as long as shipping was low.

viking
06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
The F2 jack is very nice and solid. Two fingers to crank up or down. The Fulton winch is nice as well.

EEEWW, Ya - group buy on the winch too? No No, wait, I CAN"T STOP!!! :D

sandm
06-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I didn't get the f2 winch, but did get an upgraded fulton and it is real nice as well. looks real classy with the f2 jack. f2 winch was another $140 and just couldn't see the benefit in that one, but the upgraded one with the plastic cover only ran me $69 at cabelas.

should shoot for a package in the $200-210 range shipped. that would be a deal :)

rdlangston13
06-21-2011, 08:55 AM
The worst part about seeing this thread is my trailer jack broke last Thursday while coupling up for a trip to canyon lake. Didn't have time to order any adapter plate or really do any research on it so I just got the straight replacement from west marine. Horrible timing!

mmandley
06-21-2011, 11:24 AM
IM in on the Fulton 2 jack man. Just let me know when who and how to pay the tab.

danomite81
06-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I am IN
let me know when.

brain_rinse
06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Vendor #1 will only ship to a single address at a cost of ~$17 per unit. Assuming I could reship for approximately the same rate that would be ~$34 shipping per person.

I will keep working with some of the other vendors to see if I can bring the cost down further but hopefully that gives you a general idea.

Gottop69
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm In just message me...

We need a group buy on spare tire and mount

brain_rinse
06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
I've got a GREAT vendor willing to ship to multiple addresses for $131 plus S&H. I've updated the first post with a list of all of those that are "IN". If you "maybes" want in please post ASAP and we'll get these ordered.

pmoomba
06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
For what it's worth I just installed the one I got last year but had never gotten around to installing. You can definitely adjust it to the point where there is no way you won't have enough clearance to your trailer ball unless maybe you're towing with a jacked up 18 wheeler with a 4" rise or something nutty. I adjusted it all the way up, so if I ever want to raise it all the way to drain some water or something it's an option.

Installation was pretty easy. It took a while to get up the courage to hack off the end of the bolt holding on the original jack since I knew once I did that there was no turning back. It's a little tight in the area where you tighten the adapter plate to, but room enough to work with a small wrench to hold the nut in place while tightening. I had to attach and tighten the two bottom bolts before putting in the top, since I didn't have a wrench small enough to come through the bottom.

I mostly got it for stability and it's definitely serving that purpose; I feel much better about it than the 5 year old original jack which wobbled way to much for my liking. Of course during installation I found that the nut holding the original wasn't on that tight to begin with which probably was contributing to its unstable feeling, but I don't regret the replacement.

rvette
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Count me in. Thanks.
Rvette

mnpracing
06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
It took a while to get up the courage to hack off the end of the bolt holding on the original jack since I knew once I did that there was no turning back.

I wonder if you can drill a hole right in the middle of the adapter plate to allow the original threaded stud to remain in tact? Or is the stud too long that it would still stick out past the adapter plate?

sandm
06-24-2011, 05:00 PM
the kit I bought had a hole in the middle of the plate so you did not have to hack the original stud off.
just drill out the adapter plate that comes with the kit you are buying. good just in case you ever need/want to go back or are in a jam that the only one that will work is the factory mount..

as far as spare tire/mount go, contact boatmate(jerry). they sell a mount for around $60 painted to match your trailer. any tireshop can sell you a matching rim and tire. mine was $90 for the rim and $40 for the tire. I would think shipping on a rim/tire would not make that worthwhile for a group buy...

mnpracing
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
the kit I bought had a hole in the middle of the plate so you did not have to hack the original stud off.
just drill out the adapter plate that comes with the kit you are buying. good just in case you ever need/want to go back or are in a jam that the only one that will work is the factory mount..

as far as spare tire/mount go, contact boatmate(jerry). they sell a mount for around $60 painted to match your trailer. any tireshop can sell you a matching rim and tire. mine was $90 for the rim and $40 for the tire. I would think shipping on a rim/tire would not make that worthwhile for a group buy...

What tire did you get for $40? I just picked up a spare at Discount Tire, and the matching rim was $60, and the tire was $75 (Carlisle). For the mount, I just bought a universal mount for $26 (Reese brand) at Fleet Farm that fits the same as the Boatmate mount I had on my old trailer (O6 OBV). It's hidden behind the tire anyway, so I didn't care that it wasn't painted to match.

jester
06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Dang you Dang you all. I am IN!!!!

If it was not for this Moomba family I would have a lot more money in my bank account. Just like family to tell me where i need to spend my money.

millerda68
06-26-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm in on the F2. Sounds like shipping will be reasonable.

ericnel
06-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I am in on the group buy. Thanks, Eric

brain_rinse
06-26-2011, 07:19 PM
We've got enough to place the order, so if you want in on this please post in this thread ASAP. I'm working out payment details with the seller and will post an update soon.

brain_rinse
06-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I've sent all the confirmed buyers a PM with payment instructions. If you thought you were on the list and didn't get a PM please let me know ASAP.

brain_rinse
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
If you're paying with PayPal please be sure to send the money as a gift or cover the fees of $4.95.

mnpracing
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
come on guys, $h!t or get off the pot...Brain needs everyone to pay before placing the order....

jester
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
come on guys, $h!t or get off the pot...Brain needs everyone to pay before placing the order....

Mnpracing. I know you want to get the new jack asap but this was just finalized yesterday and some of us cannot make it to the bank to send a money order until the end of the week. You will get your jack soon enought you just have to hold on a bit longer.

mmandley
06-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Dan buddy, I'm with out Internet at the new house still I goto work today and will have land line access so I'll get squared away on my billing with you bro.

All we got is cell access since we are a new house and all my neighbors have comcast they feel they need to verify my house and we have been waiting 2 weeks since we asked a week before we moved. Gawd I hate cable sometimes lol

mmandley
06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Dan buddy, I'm with out Internet at the new house still I goto work today and will have land line access so I'll get squared away on my billing with you bro.

All we got is cell access since we are a new house and all my neighbors have comcast they feel they need to verify my house and we have been waiting 2 weeks since we asked a week before we moved. Gawd I hate cable sometimes lol

Paid in Full.

Canuckle Head
06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Is it too late to get in on this?

brain_rinse
07-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Is it too late to get in on this?
I will call tomorrow to see if shipping to Canada is an option. PM me your address info.

brain_rinse
07-10-2011, 08:56 AM
I need 3 more payments right away. If the check is in the mail let me know, otherwise get it done with paypal so I can place the order in the next day or two at most.

Spider
07-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Brain,

I know I'm late to the party, but i just noticed this thread, is it too late to get in?

Dan

brain_rinse
07-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm placing the order today. If you haven't paid yet this morning is your last chance.

viking
07-13-2011, 11:39 PM
woo hoo..........my trailer is happy :D

brain_rinse
07-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I hadn't seen any pictures of new jacks pop up so I followed up with the vendor. Here is their response.

"We have been expending every available minute shipping “priority” parts…..meaning parts that are preventing people from using their trailers. We are starting to see a break in the emergency stuff and should start shipping out the kits within the next couple of days….some may possibly go out today. My best estimate is that all of them should ship by the end of next week."

So not great news but at least we know where it stands. I have no doubts about the company and their ability to deliver. If anyone is dead in the water without this jack let me know and I'll see what I can do. Otherwise I'll keep you guys updated.

ian ashton
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the update!

viking
07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks - I was getting to wonder :rolleyes:

mmandley
07-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks Dan guess no need to answer the PM I send you about this lol

jester
07-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Thank you for the update. I was about to send a PM about this but now we know.

millerda68
08-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Just a FYI, mine arrived on Saturday and got it installed on Sunday. Thanks for pulling this group buy together!

~Derek

brain_rinse
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Hopefully all you guys have received your jacks and many installed! Let's see some pics!

At this point I have lost quite a bit of money on this. Many of the shipping costs were right at $25 as expected, but a handful of jacks went to the west coast and shipping was more and added up quick. Would you guys please look at the invoices that were included with your jacks and send me the difference as a gift via paypal? Thank you!

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 10:46 AM
I got mine! I will look at the invoice tonight to see if I owe you anything additional (I'm not on the west coast, but just in case!)

Thanks again!!!

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11682&d=1312901198

mmandley
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I got mine also San but the box was damaged. Looks like some nasty scratches are on the jack but going to try sanding and buffing them. Ill get some pics when its installed. Hopefully this week.

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
The packaging was definately sub-par - that picture was taken EXACTLY as it was shipped, minus a piece of flat stryofoam. Mine wasn't damaged though :)

mmandley
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Yea i got a couple pics of the damage. Looked like some thing sharp punchured the box, then rubbed on it while in transport. Worst part its on the facing side of the jack not the trailer side =( ill figure something out LOL.

Those that have mounted this new one with the adapter plate, is it really just bolt on or do you have to remove the bolt/stud on the original bracket on the trailer?

< im loving this quick post option ALT-S and your posted. >

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Yikes! I little bit of bubble wrap around the adapter plate wouldn't have hurt.

jester
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
I got mine and got it installed. It is a lot better then the stock one.

mnpracing
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Yea i got a couple pics of the damage. Looked like some thing sharp punchured the box, then rubbed on it while in transport. Worst part its on the facing side of the jack not the trailer side =( ill figure something out LOL.

Those that have mounted this new one with the adapter plate, is it really just bolt on or do you have to remove the bolt/stud on the original bracket on the trailer?

Mandley, I have pictures of my install which I'll post tonight if I can. I used a 3/4" hole saw and cut a hole in the middle of the adapter plate so that I did not have to cut off the stud. I want to be able to use a regular mounted jack in a scenario where this one fails or is otherwise not usable.

brain_rinse
08-09-2011, 03:08 PM
You guys should have the contact info of the vendor on the invoice so definitely take up any packaging or other issues with them so that you're totally happy! They are obviously a reputable vendor and a big SC supporter so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

jester
08-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Mike, I just posted the How too on this. Quick and simple.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?15971-Fulton-F2-jack-and-adapter-plate-installed&p=151235#post151235

millerda68
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Like the others, the packaging was lacking. Plastic wrap on the grip for the handle, adapter plate wrapped in wax paper and that was it. I was a little surprised it wasn't packaged a bit better. Box was a bit beat up, but no issues with the F2 when I unboxed it.

Dan - Sent the difference in the shipping tonight. Thanks again for pulling all this together.

~Derek

brain_rinse
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm still down about $50 on this group buy so please look at your invoices and send me the difference if it's more than $5 or so. I sent through some PM's and paypal requests this morning to a few of you.

Thank you!

viking
08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Dan,
Got your message today.
Sorry I've been out of commission the past couple weeks.
I'll get you settled.

ian ashton
08-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I threw all that stuff away, so I sent you $10 to help diffuse the cost to you - I'm pretty sure I was even but if not let me know!

Sidebar; why is "Brian_Rinse" actually named Dan?

jpetty3023
08-24-2011, 07:59 PM
He's brain, not Brian brother Ian ......:confused:

brain_rinse
08-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Ha! Thank you Ian but very unnecessary. And yes it's brain, not Brian. I even chose that goofy brain av to help make it less confusing but I still think half the forum reads it as Brian. :)

ian ashton
08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
lol, I'm dumb.