PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Help

Moseley618
06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
First I upgraded to 750's over the winter. The right side was filling a small amount while driving, I have the switch flipped up the same as the one on the left. When the right one filled, maybe 150lbs, I turned on the pump to drain it and can here it but it was making a weird sucking sound. I had to pull the bag and empty it by hand. We boated the rest of the day and when we got back to the lift the bag had another 150lbs in it. My old 400lb bag on the right side did not fill when driving. Also, with the left 750 full the bag was pushing on the thru hull fittings and the boat was leaning enough that it started taking on water through the fittings. Is there a normal fix for this. Please help!

jester
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
On the filling issue you might have the spring value lever (little back lever on top of the spring valve) up that feeds the bag that is getting water. Just flip it back down and you are good. This will let water free flow into the bag and it how you prime the system so the pump has water in it to fill the bags.

On the drain are you draining from the bottom hole on the bag? You might also want to check for a clog.

I do not know about the water getting in I do not know about that one.

Moseley618
06-20-2011, 08:43 AM
The little black switch is flipped up. That is where it is supposed to be if I don't want the bags to fill while driving, right? The right bag was filling while driving and the switch was in the same position as last year and no problems with this. The only new thing is putting the 750's in. I might have hooked the fill to the drain and the drain to the fill. That would not cause them to fill while driving though right? It would explain the pump not emptying the bag and sounding like it was sucking air.