PDA

View Full Version : Tow vehicle suspension question.........

WaterBullDawg1980
06-19-2011, 09:03 PM
I am looking to buy my wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/ 4 wheel drive this week and I was trying to remember the type of air suspension kit that I had seen some of you add on here. Or is there a better one to get? Instead of negotiating the actual vehicle cost down, I was just going to get a few extras included, and I thought this would be a good one to get.

This really will not tow the boat very often. And usually we are only towing it from where it stays during the summer to the ramp which is less than 1/2 a mile and then home after the season ends.

But I did want to get the dealer to be giving me something so I figured I would ask. :)

I'm also going to ask him if he would put some of those nice looking BMFs that Spoon has on his Tundra, although I seriously doubt they will be 20 inch. More like 17s. :)

mmandley
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Air Ride is the who makes the ones i use. Also Firestone and a couple others make them.

Heres a few examples

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/ridrite.html?GTSE=goog&GTKW=Ride-Rite?GTSE=goog&GTKW=Ride-Rite+Lift+Kits&gclid=CMH81szRxKkCFYUaQgodxFPvMA

I doubt the dealer will want to install this due to the liability of towing lol.

Can always ask though right.

kaneboats
06-20-2011, 10:52 AM
I put the cheapo air ride kit ($85) on the Suburban. Mine takes the one that fits inside the coil springs. It's fantastic. Wish I would have done it on day 1.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Nice, thanks fellas. I'm going to speak to them today. We'll see what I can squeeze them for. :cool:

spoon03
06-20-2011, 02:55 PM
I put the cheapo air ride kit ($85) on the Suburban. Mine takes the one that fits inside the coil springs. It's fantastic. Wish I would have done it on day 1.

I am looking to buy my wife a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/ 4 wheel drive this week and I was trying to remember the type of air suspension kit that I had seen some of you add on here. Or is there a better one to get? Instead of negotiating the actual vehicle cost down, I was just going to get a few extras included, and I thought this would be a good one to get.

This really will not tow the boat very often. And usually we are only towing it from where it stays during the summer to the ramp which is less than 1/2 a mile and then home after the season ends.

But I did want to get the dealer to be giving me something so I figured I would ask. :)

I'm also going to ask him if he would put some of those nice looking BMFs that Spoon has on his Tundra, although I seriously doubt they will be 20 inch. More like 17s. :)

Thanks for the prop.....I don't think BMF makes the Novakane in 17s. Only 20 and 22s. The only rim they make in the 17 is the M80, which is really nice too. That would be a great looking little extra added to your Jeep in Death Metal black.

http://www.bmfwheels.com/m80.html

WaterBullDawg1980
06-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey those M-80s are not half bad! Who knows though, maybe I'll go crazy and get 20s. :)

Those Novakane's are absolutely sick looking on your Tundra. Very sharp.

rdlangston13
06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I use the firestone air bag helper springs. I did not splurge for the air compressor option so I have to manually inflate and deflate mine which proved to be a problem last week when the miller lite truck blocked the pump at one gas station, the second gas stations was out of order but I finally got help from a tire shop

spoon03
06-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey those M-80s are not half bad! Who knows though, maybe I'll go crazy and get 20s. :)

Those Novakane's are absolutely sick looking on your Tundra. Very sharp.

Send pics as soon as you get it with the new shoes, and the boat attached of course!!!