PDA

View Full Version : PURE Frustration!!!!!

iwaterskihard
06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
What's with this weather? It's Fathers Day late June and we've only been on the water 3 times this year! Rain, rain, rain, and even MORE RAIN! We've lost over a month of on the water time:confused:

Mother Nature is NOT helping us out! Guess I'm just a sad lil dad today? ANyone else feeling the same as me?

Mikey
06-19-2011, 05:26 PM
3x.you've been lucky. I wanted to go today and that would have only been the 2nd time. Now just cleaning the BBQ getting ready to cook my Fathers day dinner,looking at the boat wondering ,WHEN IS IT EVER GONNA GET NICE HERE?

moombadaze
06-19-2011, 05:30 PM
um not here-starting to wish the pool was just a little cooler :p

on the lake this morning at 9am and home by 12-had it to ourselves basically.

Had to rub it in

dru1974
06-19-2011, 05:55 PM
The one day I was going to go out I got called into work

usaski1
06-19-2011, 06:43 PM
No rain here. Come to Central Texas! Our lake is drying up.. again... We need rain bad. 30mph winds and 103F heat don't help.

Grant M
06-19-2011, 07:03 PM
What's with this weather? It's Fathers Day late June and we've only been on the water 3 times this year! Rain, rain, rain, and even MORE RAIN! We've lost over a month of on the water time:confused:

Mother Nature is NOT helping us out! Guess I'm just a sad lil dad today? ANyone else feeling the same as me?

Yah I feel your frustration, it has been non stop raining here as well! Really getting tired of the crappy weather! It's either been cold or wet! Here are some pictures from our boat launch:
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=461&pictureid=3799
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=461&pictureid=3800
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=461&pictureid=3801

brad460
06-19-2011, 09:23 PM
The weather here in Southern WI has been crappy also..and weird...couple days in the upper 90's, day later in the upper 50's! Rain, rain...the weather cant seem to figure out what to do. Last year we were surfing in May and this year I havent even gotten in the water!!

Sometimes I wonder why I spent so much money for a boat I use 2-3 months a year! A snowmobile I use 2-3 months a year..and so on...:confused:

Grant M
06-19-2011, 10:13 PM
The weather here in Southern WI has been crappy also..and weird...couple days in the upper 90's, day later in the upper 50's! Rain, rain...the weather cant seem to figure out what to do. Last year we were surfing in May and this year I havent even gotten in the water!!

Sometimes I wonder why I spent so much money for a boat I use 2-3 months a year! A snowmobile I use 2-3 months a year..and so on...:confused:

Because life is short and we have to live it while we can! ;)

Sea N' Things
06-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm there as well, enough is enough! I got the new 2011 boat last week and can't even get my 10 break-in hours on her :(

Grant M
06-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm there as well, enough is enough! I got the new 2011 boat last week and can't even get my 10 break-in hours on her :(

Haven't seen any pictures........ :confused:

Fantastic news on the new Boat, I'm sure the weather will turn soon for the better!

tazz3069
06-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Well, since the weather has been warm enough to hit the water, the boat has never left the garage. Every weekend, so far, it has been blowing like crazy. today was very windy with gust up to 30mph. I just might trade in the boat and get a sail boat.

jpetty3023
06-19-2011, 11:02 PM
30+ winds and 7 foot low here in central Texas but I got about 6 hours in today so cant complain to much. We don't get some of that rain soon thou our season will end short. Forecast says 30 and 40 % chance rain tues-thurs but we all know how that goes

moombabound
06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Yup, same here. Grinding the teeth over YET ANOTHER lost weekend. I even took a short video clip of the rain pounding the deck, for my Ontario buddy who sent me a teaser shot of his nice blue sky/lake yesterday.

sandm
06-20-2011, 07:31 AM
same here. wanted to go on saturday. was mid 70's and beautiful on friday. saturday morning, overcast and downpour by 1pm..

if you believe in it, farmers almanac for pac nw shows much cooler summer, and so far, it's holding true...

bergermaister
06-20-2011, 09:30 AM
This thread seems really familiar. Hmmmmm.....

My company is fairly stingy with their benefits regarding sick and vacation time. This season is again a prime example of why I don't take any sick days EVER until summer unless I'm on the verge of death. When it's supposed to be 85 degrees on a Friday I'm suddenly not feeling well again and going to call in. Muster up my best scratchy voice and get on the phone as I'm loading up boards and towels. Those damn allergies!

skylar18
06-20-2011, 09:38 AM
No rain, Lake is drying up here and every day seems to have 30-40 mph winds.......

Horrible season so far.

New Guy
06-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Well its good to hear that I am not the only one struggling with this weather. I have been fortunate enough to get 12 hours on it so far but that is a far cry from last year at this time. I have just learned to limit all the rest of my summer activities so that when the weather is nice I can go. Sick days here I come,Oh wait I forgot I work with family and they would check the driveway for my boat and truck. I guess not much a guy can do.

dusty2221
06-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Wind wind wind.....Texas....ugh. It cost us a weekend. 30mph winds on Texoma, no thanks.

Ian Brantford
06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
I finally got out yesterday. It was the first time this year. What a relief!

For me, it's been a string of mediocre weather and personal time management. Best wishes to all who are coping with much greater local challenges.

rdlangston13
06-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Windy and dry down here in the Houston Texas area. Hit up canyon lake last weekend and it was windy and choppy in the open water, th dam offered some refuge from th wind but not much. We ended up surfing and hanging out in the party cove most the weekend showing off that new exile system! Lake is down almost 5 feet and my dad is talking about selling his new yamaha vrx he just bought due to wind