PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Getting Shafted by Dealer !!!

mobiusLSV05
03-22-2005, 07:37 PM
I need some advice on what to do. I have ordered a new Mobius LSV in mid February at the boat show. I was told on that nite, it would be 16 wks for delivery. A week later while picking out colors and accessories there was a red LSV in the showroom, exactly the same boat minus a few extras (depth gauge, systemIII ballasts, speakers, racks). The dealer told me then it would be 6 to 8 weeks, something about a build slot pre-ordered before show. I don't want this boat. I specifically told him I was going to wait for new boat from factory. Now I contacted the factory and they have no record of my file, or a boat with my name on it. What is the normal time for delivery 16 or 6 to 8 weeks. I may just pay the dealer a visit to record the serial # of the boat in the showroom. Any feedback appreciated.

NC05LSV
03-22-2005, 08:29 PM
I just received my new LSV that I acquired from a boat show as well. In my situation, the dealer had been authorized a certain number of pre-builds prior to the show. Upon me ordering one, they gave me a spray date that was 2 weeks later and I received the boat I ordered in less than a month. I don't think this is unusual in that they always have to order some boats in advance. maybe you just got a closer slot. I don't think that it would be bad to take note of the number on the boat in the showroom but I would think that he would want to move that quicker than the 6-8 weeks that you mentioned. Just some thoughts

clark
03-23-2005, 09:37 AM
I ordered mine on January 17 at the Atlanta boat show,,, it arrived at the dealer on February 15.

Clark

Moomba4me
03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
We ordered our boat on Jan 21st and are picking it up this Saturday. Good luck!

clark
03-24-2005, 11:50 AM
Just checking some modifications to my settings.

mobiusLSV05
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I was given false information about the boat. It is in "stock" , they order alot of boats early in the year as a stripped down version and then add the options as necessary. My boat has been in stock since the show. Kinda makes sense-- I guess. Will be ready for pickup April 15.

Catdog1
03-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Actually, it sounds great.

Folks waited much, much longer last year if I recall correctly.

The beauty of it is you can take time, go over it with a fine toothed comb if you like, and be comfortable with your purchase. No uncertainty of getting bumped from a production schedule.

Congrats.