PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Owners Jamboree

SomeBeach
03-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Is there any interests in some type of Moomba owners jamboree? Perhaps in the southeast? If so we need to start early. To take advantage of this high humidity here. I have not problem trying to put this together, with a little help of course.
I will keep watch on the thread to check the feedback.

Thx,
SB

moombadaze
03-25-2005, 04:31 PM
somebeach, i would be interested too, but what part of southeast??--live in north tampa area

waterboy
03-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Actually we don't even need permission! The park beach area can be accessed by boat at no charge, and the no swimming policy is not enforced.....the signs will come down when we add lifeguards this summer.

I'm thinking we wouldn't have a huge turnout but if we did we could make some special arrangements to get electric if we need, etc.

So if we want a beach setting with grills, tables, bathrooms and shade it's there for the using anytime we want. There's plenty of room around the shoreline to anchor your boat. And it's a helluva nice lake to ski on.

Brian

Buttafewcoe
03-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Ya know......we trailered in from North Carolina (Charlotte) to the Tennessee Fly In on Dale Hollow Lake a couple years ago. Kinda a disappointed, though, because we are boarders not foilers........anyway..........I took a week's vacation just for the Event, and would do the same for a decent get-together. Anxious to see exactly what you hoodlems come up with.

smokedog2
03-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Buttafewcoe,

The net time I am forced to go visit my in-laws or sister-in-law in Charlotte I’m going to look you up. I plan to dodge that bullet this year but we’ll see.

I'm sure I will not make any jamboree, my schedule is the kids schedule these days.

SD2

moombadaze
03-28-2005, 08:58 PM
somebeach, well it sounds to me like some people would like to do this. clermont chain of lakes may sound like the place to have it at,--maybe have a get together at the state park-then a parade around the shoreline to some tiki bar on the other lake. i would say it may not be a very organized event the 1st time but if the ones who do make this spread the word and it could become a annual or semi annual event. somebody may just need to pick a day in the next couple of months so we can get it schedualed for a saturday or sunday.--maybe skiers choice can kick in some speacial shirts or hats or stickers,.. just my .02 -maybe a local moomba dealer wouldwant to be there as i'm sure some non moomba owners will be riding a long seeing how much fun the boats are and be interested in one. pass out brochures and answer questions about the boats. those of us from the tampa area may want to meet to drive over at the same time?

Buttafewcoe
03-29-2005, 11:06 AM
sd2.
Sure nuff, c'mon by. Actually, we live closer to Hickory than anywhere else. About 5 mins from Lake Hickory. You're welcome anytime, dood

Lanci4
03-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Count me in as well for the jamboree sounds like a great idea.

Lance

Ed, tell tim I'll bring Gina she was telling me about the lake. As you guessed that's how I knew about the Capt. America

Lanci4
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Ed, you right !

see on the lake sometime

Lance

moombadaze
03-30-2005, 08:48 PM
how about may 15th-a sunday at clermont chain of lakes--just throwing out a date and place to try and get it moving forward.

waterboy
03-31-2005, 05:52 AM
May the 15th works for me, too.

Brian

moombadaze
03-31-2005, 09:55 PM
jeff, it would be nice to meet up and then drive over and if anyone else in the tampa area wants to also would be good, if l-o-l's marine comes we might get a whole train going down the road.

skier's choice--how about some pictures from the southwest reunion to help get people motivated for the event?? some special t shirts's or hats???

Waterboy and Ed g-hope you guys dont mind but you may end up being the tour guide's for this event,

stacy

waterboy
04-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Wow....it's really snowballing! Ed, I'm putting in for the day off, it's not a sure thing yet...but either way Ill still be there! Yup, we should get there early to hog a part of the beach and some tables. My wife won't be able to make it until later in the day...she's on baby watch at the elephant barn.

Stacy, we don't mind being tour guides!

Brian

waterboy
04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Ed,
I should be able to get Bob down on the beach if he'd like to put his boat there.

Brian

WakeMe
04-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Ed, I talked to Jay at S.C. and he said he would send you an e-mail as to how they could be involved. Let us know how it turns out.

Catdog1
04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Are you guys fixed on the date?

I saw 15 May in an earlier post?

Buttafewcoe
04-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Crikey.........the 15th leaves me out...........Memorial Weekend would've been killer...:(

moombadaze
04-03-2005, 05:44 PM
To all,

i threw out the date may 15th for a couple of reason's--

i have family coming down from washington state memorial weekend, and thought a lot of people would be doing the family thing.

boating on holidays is sometime to nerv racking -launches, pwc, and some who dont now how to drive a boat are usually out

the weekend before thought people would be getting ready to have a 3 day weekend if lucky enough to have one--i dont-have to work saturday.

Ed g riding around at 50mph drinking beer in a stealthy moomba--ha

anyway if some wants to pick a different day go ahead-but it sounds like we are starting sometahing and it may be harder to change the day--orlando boat dealer involvement and other like that hopefully...land o lakes marine?? skiers choice??

waterboy
04-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I like the idea of a non-holiday weekend, too. The beach will be a lot less crowded.

Ed, I'm off to Ranger Academy on Monday for 2 weeks of training so I'll be off the board for a while, too. When the time comes would it be alright if I launched from your ramp instead of Hull Road?

Brian

WakeMe
04-03-2005, 10:45 PM
The 15th is the date I am planning on. Hope you guys don't change it.

Buttafewcoe
04-04-2005, 07:13 AM
I am certainly not saying change it. The 15th to avoid the masses, on the surface, sounds good. But what better way to showcase such a fine craft and gain 'boat envy' in front of the oogling throngs that we will surely parade in front of on over the holiday?..........Tell ya what......if it goes good this year, I will schedule my vacation around the date picked next year. A two or three day weekend is just not long enough for me to trailer from North Carolina to spend an afternoon with y'all. Not that it wouldn't be worth it. I'm sure you're a fine hoard to hang with. ;)

smokedog2
04-04-2005, 08:17 AM
LMAO

Ah yes, I almost posted with my regrets that the Volunteer Social Coordinator for the Moomba Nation was going to eventually look more forward to the event being over than being on, but I thought that was too negative. Just because my experience herding cats has been so negative doesn’t mean yours should be.

Here is my suggestion. We just mirror MC and say we will have Moomba jamborees at the same time and place as MC. Bring your own hibachi. It has a certain gorilla motif that matches paying half (or less) as much money for a boat that does all the same stuff. Besides MC would have a cow.

Can you believe some folks occasionally identify me as a trouble maker?

Good luck guys, I can’t get my cub scouts committed for a day on the lake so my sympathies are with you.

(Misery loves company)

SD2

smokedog2
04-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh no you don’t! I am NOT a volunteer. I am an amused observer.

Napoleon said it best “amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics.”

True in much more than war.

SD2

smokedog2
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Self inflicted wounds hurt the worst.

Den Mother, BSA District Chairman (5 years in a GUARANTEED 1 year tour), Chess Club Chairman, Bingo worker, and occasional lunch room monitor.

If I raise my hand again, shoot me.

SD2

Buttafewcoe
04-05-2005, 12:27 PM
BANG!.........:p