PDA

View Full Version : Ilmore engine

dru1974
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Has anyone seen heard or been pulled behind a master craft with one of these new engines?

Razzman
06-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Don't go there, Ed will close the thread! :cool:

lsvboombox
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM

lol... ............................

dru1974
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
On the Ed front... He could approach things a little less abrasive.

dru1974
06-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Guess I could at times too

Razzman
06-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Guess I could at times too

There's a big difference between abrasive and grinding away constantly.

schuylski
06-16-2011, 02:50 PM

bwahahaahahahah i just busted out laughing. Glad I was not drinking.

moombadaze
06-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Has anyone seen heard or been pulled behind a master craft with one of these new engines?

nope, but I wonder as I really have no idea, what is the big deal about these motors? Is hp not hp? or is there hp better?????

KSmith
06-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Its an MC, of course their HP is better, or at least dollar per HP ratio is higher ;-)

c.rix
06-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Its an MC, of course their HP is better, or at least dollar per HP ratio is higher ;-)

the word I heard was mc owner were complaining that you could buy a wake boat for half the sticker shock with the same engine, etc....

so this year the llmore is the motor If you ask me I dont think the mc nameplate and llmore motor are worth 2x or llmore than what others go for :roll:

moombadaze
06-17-2011, 07:00 AM
is this Illmore better hp???

dru1974
06-17-2011, 10:34 AM
With all the bs that is going on on this site I can honestly say that for the most part I really like this site and the people on it. And really love my boat.

mmandley
06-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Interesting as i was watching a MC video todayi got at the boat show and Iilmorr engines was a big section.

These guys are super engine builders, as in they build the most extream endurance type engines. They have been building racing engines for Indy, NASCAR, off chore boating, midget racing and some others since the late 80s.

There big things is they engineer the engine from the ground up, its a one off engine each time. They dont use like a standard 502 racing block and then add there heads and pistons or anything like that. They build the entire engine designed for extactly what its going to be used it.

Id expect for MC they is designed for say the team boats, or boats that see several hundred hours a season. The big thing about Iimorr is the engine can just be beat on and beat on and never have an issue.

If you were going to be putting idk say 500+ hours a year on your boat it prolly well worth it to get this engine upgrade in a MC due to its should last as long as the boat.

Then again i dont know the price upgrade, you might be able to buy 4 or 5 replacement engines for the same upgrade price, but then again as a MC owner you want to show off your Ilmorr engine like you do the boat lol.

dru1974
06-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Interesting as I have grown up with correct RAF and supra boats all my life and never had a problem with the engine. Ever but again we only get 4 months a year to ski or board.

maxpower220
06-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Funny, I don't recall Indmar, Mercruiser, or PCM engines ever having reliability problems to justify a new engine.

Suprahunter
06-19-2011, 08:26 AM
the word I heard was mc owner were complaining that you could buy a wake boat for half the sticker shock with the same engine, etc....

so this year the llmore is the motor If you ask me I dont think the mc nameplate and llmore motor are worth 2x or llmore than what others go for :roll:

I think c.rix is dead on they have to justify the price tag and now they can charge even more. MC is going for the 250k plus crowd where if it costs more it has to be better.

moombadaze
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
We have a old family friend with a 1980 Bayliner with a chevy 350 and merc outdrive. That boat is still running strong and used 4 time a week in the summer-motors never been out, but Last I heard they were on the 5th outdrive.

Now that I think about it, that was the 1st boat I ski'd behind

mmandley
06-21-2011, 11:42 AM
I was just posting what info i knew on the engines lol.

As for the current popular engines i dont see an issue with them at all. Then again i dont see why you want to spend 100K on a boat eighter that can do exactly what another 1/2 its price can do.

I think as long as you have a solid engine base and treat it well it will last as long as the boat.

I know for me we generaly tend to be the only high end wake boat on our local lake, tons of other I/O, O, River, Jet, Cabin boats, and smaller fishing boats. You see plenty of I/O with towers but not to many V drives like ours. I dont look at there boat any different and baybe they look at mine and say man i cant beleave he spent 50K for that boat. There is a huge difference in the I/O boats and V drive and a ton more things on a V that i think makes it better. But to go from my 50K V drive to a 100K, those options its has just arnt worth it.

Now that all being said if i am a hard core engine head, and love to show off my junk in my trunk, then what way better to have a MC with a Racing breed engine in it right?

Its the same as Malibu made the ZR Corvette boat in 09 its was worthless as a boat for anything other then driving it on the water. If your a Corvette fan what better way to enjoy it then driving one to work everyday, then driving one on the water on your weekends. To bad the Corvette car cant pull the boat lol

rdlangston13
06-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Its the same as Malibu made the ZR Corvette boat in 09 its was worthless as a boat for anything other then driving it on the water. If your a Corvette fan what better way to enjoy it then driving one to work everyday, then driving one on the water on your weekends. To bad the Corvette car cant pull the boat lol

does anyone know how fast those corvette themed bus went? i mean it was a pretty slick looking boat and with an optional LS7 you have to admit that is cool! And there is a market for boat that serve no purpose but to cruise the lake and look cool. Just look at Bajas, they really server no purposes but going fast so if the corvette boat could knock out 60-70 mph i think the market for it is there.

mmandley
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM
does anyone know how fast those corvette themed bus went? i mean it was a pretty slick looking boat and with an optional LS7 you have to admit that is cool! And there is a market for boat that serve no purpose but to cruise the lake and look cool. Just look at Bajas, they really server no purposes but going fast so if the corvette boat could knock out 60-70 mph i think the market for it is there.

The one i saw at the boat show in 09 was 125k. I got some decent pictures of it.

Vette dash, seats, and a center consol i think. Looked a like the car version but was opposite like European cars. Then it had the rear end of a Vette with tail lights, not sure if they were operational or not. Also had the Plexi cover on the engine bay so you could see the engine.

Heres the pics i have not the best as it was dark and with a cell phone lol.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/BoatShow08033.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/BoatShow08032.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/BoatShow08031.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/BoatShow08030.jpg

mmandley
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
one last one.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/BoatShow08029.jpg