PDA

View Full Version : Tunes for Boat

mobiusLSV05
03-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Wondering what to do for the stereo--Ipod or Satelite-- I want to know what to do with the antenna for the satelite, wiring for the remote, and everything else to go with it, or should I go with an Ipod for 250.00 and just be happy with that? Any feedback appreciated.

macsfamily
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Last season I used a XM Roady. It was nice. I just put it in the glove box and used a " FM modulator ". I just let the antenna sit out beneath the windshield. The one thing I found was, I always ended up putting a CD in so I could listen to " particular " song / music. This year I will be using my iPod. I have both in my car and almost always listen to the iPod. I like to choose the songs I hear!? I hope this is some kind of help:)

Buttafewcoe
03-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Upgrade to an MP3 player......you can get a couple hundred songs on a CD.

sailnfast
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
You can't beat an iPod with all your music on it (and you don't have to pay those monthly fees). I looked into options to connect the iPod directly to the Kenwood stereo so I could use my remotes for next track functionality, but after reading about so many problems with this setup I decided to go with a much cheaper solution.

I bought the Griffin iTrip (which is supposedly the best FM transmitter around) and a Griffin PowerPod (cigarette charger). I found both on eBay for less than $40 and it sounds amazing, my iPod is always charged, and I can use in the car, other people's boats, etc. Good cheap solution.

Yellowmobius
05-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I am going to be using my ipod directly connected to a Alpine deck. It is sweet as you control the ipod from the deck.

Will Watters
05-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I have not had good success using the FM type transmiter for my MP3 player (Zen Micro). Kenwood makes a breakout cable that attaches to the disk changer connector at the rear of the unit. It breaks out the audio inputs and you can get an adapter for the MP3 player that will mate with the breakout cable's hifi plugs using the MP3 players head phone jack. This works well however the level needs to be a bit high compared to the other modes such as FM. The Kenwood breakout cable is model CA-C1AUX. I got mine at Good Guys for around twenty bucks. I snaked the receptical through a hole in the glove box and I can connect my Zen direct to the Kenwood, select Aux source and all my tunes can be played using the ZEN software. Works well.

Will

SoTX
05-18-2005, 11:55 AM
I went with SIRIUS satelite for my truck and bout the port for the boat. I just take the thing out of the truck and slap it in the boat and it is the bomb. $6.00 a month is cheap.

chris harvey
07-20-2005, 02:13 AM
I have the sirius radio in my xlv mobius. I have the receiver in my truck i take it out and have it wired in the xlv, plug it in and good to go. as for the antena you can mount it under the dash or front rail of boat. with fiberglass it receives the signal even when hidden.

stang67
07-20-2005, 09:12 AM
I have been using the Monster cable FM transmitter. I believe it is one the the best transmitters. It has 8 different selections for the radio station you want to transmit in. I have been looking to hardwire it though just for a little better sound quality because it still is transmitting thrgouh FM which doesnt sound nearly as good as hardwired. As for XM goes i dont know that i would pay the montly fees. that is just me