PDA

View Full Version : Missing display pixels WakeboardPro v6.5

cmmccormick
06-14-2011, 09:10 PM
I have a single line display and this is my second year for the boat. There were some pixels missing last year from the display but even more this year I noticed; to the point that it is almost not usable. The tens column for set point is pretty much gone. That was fun this weekend when my wife thought she set 19 and it was 29MPH!

Has anyone had this problem? I assume this is not fixable and I need to replace the display. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Chris

2005 XLV

mmandley
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
A lot of the line display type devices are just a strip of contacts and they tend to corrode and not work after a few years. This is quite common in a lot of devices.

At work we have this problem and we dissaemble the component and use a soft eraser, or IPA to clean the contacts very gently. Then reassemble it and most times the device will work properly again. I used to do this all the time with my pager, the stip is normaly right behind that quartz type display.

Give it a try.

newty
06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Contact Randy with perfect pass. Tell him what you have going on. From what I remember you can get just the replacement LCD screen that pops into the display. Very simple and inexpensive fix.

[email protected]

http://perfectpass.com/

squeeg333
06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I like Mikes suggestion - Get yourself a nice IPA, possible a double, and drink your concerns away. That is, if you like yourself a hoppy brew. I'm not so sure about it's cleaning capabilities however.

cmmccormick
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Chris
2005 XLV

mmandley
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
I like Mikes suggestion - Get yourself a nice IPA, possible a double, and drink your concerns away. That is, if you like yourself a hoppy brew. I'm not so sure about it's cleaning capabilities however.

HAHA i was leaning more towads. isopropyl alcohol we call it IPA at Intel lol