PDA

View Full Version : Oznium LED questions for anyone who has used them

langmotorsports
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I am going to use some Oznium LED's on the recommendation from members of the group.......Im wondering who has used the flexible strips in the rear gunwales and what length did you use? did you also do your cup holders? what length did you use in the front bow are gunwales and also length under the driver console for anyone who did that area as well.......Thanks all!!!

E4NASH
06-14-2011, 12:34 PM
I used ONE of the lights that I used in the cupholders under my driver's console. I am planning on using the 9.5 in the gunwale. You can actually cut the flexible strips so if you order the 9.5 and you think it is too long (too bright) you can cut them in threes to get it the way you want it....just my $.02

langmotorsports
06-14-2011, 12:51 PM
My boat is at the lake on the lift so i cant measure the gunwale length in the rear and in the bow and i want to make sure i dont go too small on the strips....cust service said if they are 3ft long to go with the 28inch strip and it will spread the light out.......thoughts?

E4NASH
06-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Depends on what kind of look you are going with. I personally just want a nice accent glow. I don't want to light up the entire side. I would think a 28 inch strip of LEDs would be a little overkill for what I am looking for. But thats just my thoughts.

Since I have 6 extra superflux lights I may just wire them up 3 on each side and see how that looks.

dusty2221
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Check our thread from what we did, we talked about exactly what you are needing to know.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=13917&highlight=winter+project

langmotorsports
06-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Thats the same type of look im going for Nash...........I think i might use some of the smaller flex strips like 3 or 4 per side and spread them out to give it an even spread out light that isnt opver powering........will post some pics of whatever i do

KG's Supra24
06-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Our lights are by no means overpowering, fwiw.

lsvboombox
06-14-2011, 01:48 PM
here is another guy you can check out. He is popular in the bass boat community, his prices are pretty good...

http://www.bluewaterled.com/index.php

viking
06-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Mine's a DD so won't help you on length for your boat. I just measured every where I wanted the strips and ordered the closest length and made sure to round up to the longer length as they can be cut as mention in earlier thread. Worked great.