PDA

View Full Version : Looked at some new boats ...

06-14-2011, 02:43 AM
So here is the story. Bought my Moomba XLV new in 08 for 54k. Have put on 300 hundred hours so far and the boat has been great. After seeing all the postings youdaman posted on here and on WW about the Axis boats I decided to go look at one. I talked with my wife and she gave me the go ahead to just price out some new boats. here is what I found. Axis A22 (which was the main reason I went) $60k, Malibus 23LSV $92k, SAN 230 $92k and they would give me a trade in of apx 45k for my boat.

At this point the only actual option was the A22. I went and looked at it. Although many people rave about this boat I was actually kind of disappointed with the interior. I just kind of found the boat to be a bit cheap feeling. Everything was black plastic, there was more fiberglass where the Moomba has carpet. It was almost an exact copy of the XLV layout, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't fall in love with the boat like I thought I would. Maybe it was the color (it was an all white Vandall) I also found it lacked storage. On my XLV I can stick a surfboard with under the glove box in that compartment.

I may look at some other boats but right now, I just can't see a reason to switch. I don't think there would be much of an Upgrade, and the cost seems too high. In the last month behind the boat I have added 5 new tricks to my list (Roll 2 Reverts, Wrapped FS360s, Wrapped BS360s, BS180s, and TSFS360's). I can't complain about the boat holding me back, that's for sure.

04OUTBACK
06-14-2011, 08:53 AM
interesting comments..

sandm
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
axis seems to be developing a great following for the hardcore wakeboard crowd. nice hull design for sure, but I would def. agree with your comments on the interior. I walked through one at the boat show and the best word I can find to describe the boat is "utilitarian". no frills and very "low budget" feeling inside. not having seen one on the water tho, they say the wake is one of the best out there currently.

There are lots of players making ground in the 45-60k market including sanger, supreme and mb. it would be fun to be shopping for a new ride right now, although I think in 2 years a slightly not-new tige rz2 would be a good contender.. supreme seems to be targeting the surf crowd with their new lines since centurion has somewhat disappeared off the radar. it will be interesting to see if skiers releases a new hull design in the next 1-2 years. it's about time :)

KG's Supra24
06-14-2011, 09:27 AM
501, I couldn't agree more. I went to look at one to see what the rave is about. It just isn't for me. I would love the wake but the interior, especially storage, just seemed to be lacking. Also, I couldn't get past the windshield, couldn't stand it.

It didn't help they had the Axis sitting right next to a 247, one of my top 3 boats.

Sandm also makes an interesting point. I think the Tige RZ series is going to become a very popular used boat. I for one know I will be keeping my eye on the RZ4 prices over the next few years.

I would like to see Skiers come with something new even though i love the retro lines. After walking through the 242, I was kinda let down.

lsvboombox
06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Also, I couldn't get past the windshield, couldn't stand it.

+1 thats my major dislike....

wolfeman131
06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I would like to see Skiers come with something new even though i love the retro lines. After walking through the 242, I was kinda let down.

You gotta walk around the 242 to see the new lines. I think the lines on that boat from the winsdhield forward are great. Kinda reminds me of the back end of a 911 the way it bulges and curves.

Manufacturers are always caught in this predicament. Folks say they want something “new” but the masses don’t follow as they like the “tried and true.” So, manufacturers spend a lot of $$ on R&D, marketing, tooling, manufacturing, etc. only to see minimal returns.

KG's Supra24
06-14-2011, 10:16 AM
You gotta walk around the 242 to see the new lines. I think the lines on that boat from the winsdhield forward are great. Kinda reminds me of the back end of a 911 the way it bulges and curves.

I think the lines of the new 242 look good, not sure i like the way they did the 2 tone in the front, but none-the-less i thought the lines looked good.

I was disappointed with small things in the interior. Outside looking in, it looked good, when I started going through it, kinda lost it for me.

wolfeman131
06-14-2011, 10:54 AM
when I started going through it, kinda lost it for me.

was that where the price sticker was? THAT was when they lost me!

mmandley
06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I was looking at the Axis when it first hit me dealer in late 09. I like the way the boat looks but just the same as everyone said it looses that plusher feel.

What the Dealer said to me is the Axis is geared for the wake minded person, who goes out every night after work, and then puts the boat away.

Its a low maintenance dont have to clean it all the time and it still looks great inside boat.

Its used to pile all your buddies in go wake boarding and be done with it.

Kinda like the term, ride her hard and put her up wet.

KG's Supra24
06-14-2011, 11:02 AM
was that where the price sticker was? THAT was when they lost me!

Tough to say, we asked two different salesmen (same location) and got prices that varied 15k from one another. hahaha ... who knows what it cost

ian ashton
06-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I still think that the interior quality fit & finish on the Axis boats is absolutely terrible. The material is cheap, and the fit is not nice. But what do I know, lol.

Razzman
06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I also looked at the Axis at the boat show and have seen a few on the lake since and I also am not impressed. Don't get me wrong it's probably a great boat for it's intended purpose as said, core boarding and low maintenance but that's where it stops for me as well. I don't like the interior at all, period. When i sat in it it wasn't comfortable and the seat bases turned me off right away. The windshield is funky and the rest is very spartan. No where near the LSV storage and I don't like the tower either.

When they first introduced it it was claimed to be a price point boat, but unless you get a deal like YDM it's not price point. Maybe for Malibu it is but that's it.

06-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Yup, I agree with all the comments. The windsheild seemed very small too me too, low actually.

I don't doubt that the wake on the A22 may be a little better/less touchy with weight then my XLV, but I have a wife and kids who's main priority is to sit in the boat, be comfortable and enjoy their time and for me the XLV fits this bill perfectly. If I could have any boat, I would probably have an XStar/X25 or 23 LSV but I also don't have $90k+ sitting around for a boat. Also the new Towers look so good on the Moomba's, I love them. I will probably just wait till a new XLV comes out......

bergermaister
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I have a buddy with an '08 23 LSV who needed to store it at my house to make room for a graduation party. I hadn't been in the boat in 2 years but honestly I was shocked at how it had deteriorated in that time and he keeps it covered and clean and under a carport when not used. The chrome was flaking off the spotlights on the tower. The huge wetsounds speaker grills were all but bare plastic with the chrome gone, the carpet was starting to flatten out, the seats not so plush, starting to have electrical problems with all the gadgets, windshield separating from the frame, seals starting to go, lots of little rattles, carpet on the guide bunks of the trailer was starting to come off. LEDs on the trailer quit working. All kinds of little things and he actually takes pretty good care of it during the season and doesn't have a ton of hours on it. I know he only put about 20-30 hours on it last season due to the crummy weather.

They have the $$ to buy a new boat but they had already done a lot of boat hopping over the years and said/joked that this was going to be their "10 year" boat. But honestly from the looks of it right now I don't know. I would have expected more for quality and life for as spendy as the Bu is.

I've personally never cared for the Axis. Kind of gave the feeling of having a stripped down race car or weekend toy for your daily driver.

you da man
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
The windshield was almost the deal breaker for me in my Axis. After my first hour in the boat I actually love the windshield and it does make docking easier to just reach out and hold on. The pickle fork bow has reverse chines under it to deflect spray from hitting the windshield. My XLV would spray bad in rough chop and even over/around the windshield. I actually like the Axis tower compared to the standard Moomba tower. My XLV tower would squeak, creak, and shake a lot even when I had a few hours on her. Optional swoop tower is $3k+/- but I'm sure it's rock solid. I do miss the curves of the Moomba interior, bigger storage, but I ride with myself and one other person 90-95% of the time. I would love to see a 23-24' Axis in the future. If you are a family person, then Moombas are great and fit the bill. If you are single or ride with a core crew then the Axis is a better suited core boat in my opinion. I know a lot of members say they've seen one up close or sat in one buy i haven't seen anyone say they drove one or did a set behind one. It may or may not change your opinion depending on your needs.

you da man
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
One feature I did not know about the Axis is that the boat's wiring harness is pre-wired for additional options even if you didn't get those options. Example, my boat did not come with transom lights or docking lights, however, the plugs are there already and just adding the lights is necessary. The boat also came pre-plumbed for extra ballast if you'd like but is necessary for surfing. Stock ballast is more than enough for wakeboarding.

dru1974
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
I see you post pics of you and yor girl and your boat out wake boarding. Do you not use a spotter?????

you da man
06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I see you post pics of you and yor girl and your boat out wake boarding. Do you not use a spotter?????

Not in Texas

dru1974
06-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Be careful I see alot of people up here with a spotter nearly running over other boaters and people I'm not sayin you don't drive carefully just a heads up.

bzubke1
06-14-2011, 03:43 PM
One question about the axis. If you kneel on the seats with your knees do you go down to the seat base? The thickness/firmness of the seat foam is probably the only thing in our moomba where I think fit and finish is lacking.

you da man
06-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Be careful I see alot of people up here with a spotter nearly running over other boaters and people I'm not sayin you don't drive carefully just a heads up.

I am very careful and respect the water and even watch out for those hated tubers. I've owned boats for 24yrs.

you da man
06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
One question about the axis. If you kneel on the seats with your knees do you go down to the seat base? The thickness/firmness of the seat foam is probably the only thing in our moomba where I think fit and finish is lacking.

I haven't put my knees on the vinyl yet...I try not to. The cushions on the Axis are probably the same thickness but the Moomba has that thicker portion of cushion on the edge with that textured vinyl which is thicker than the Axis cushion overall. The bow cushions appear to be the same. I have not hit the cushion base when putting my knees down in the bow but haven't done that in the cabin seats. The padding on the engine covers appear to same thickness

Jet
06-14-2011, 04:01 PM
The boat is a price point boat ($52,000) and not to be compared with the big shiny boats. Its tractor or a jeep..to get the job done without all of the shiny stuff. Im a minimalist and like a hammer or a jeep. Its made to do 1 job very well, and if you want to jump out all of the time like we do..its great! It holds 10 people, it can fit in most garages, you dont have to shine it befor you go out, it has a wake like 22 or a 23'. Its simple and to the point. Nothing more than that. It gets the job done and you dont have to drop a ton of cash on her. Do i like the big boats, do i like all of the shiny stuff..YES. But i would rather have a jeep or a sleeper fast car than to own a Ecalade or a corvette. Its about depending on yourself more or like wakeskating..its the purity of it and thats how you have to look at the axis. Its a great tool. Look at its purpose.

ian ashton
06-14-2011, 05:00 PM
One feature I did not know about the Axis is that the boat's wiring harness is pre-wired for additional options even if you didn't get those options. Example, my boat did not come with transom lights or docking lights, however, the plugs are there already and just adding the lights is necessary. The boat also came pre-plumbed for extra ballast if you'd like but is necessary for surfing. Stock ballast is more than enough for wakeboarding.

The Moomba wiring harnesses are like that too - I ordered my boat with no radio, and all the radio wiring was in the factory harness.

Moseley618
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
My buddy bought a new Axis A22 last October for $51,000 with all the options expect a tricked out trailer. The wake is very very nice. The surf wake will be good but I think it will take more than the plug and play ballast to do it. Nice boat but it is not fancy. The bags on the plug and play in the rear do not drain well. The windshield sucks. I do like the boat for the money though.

sailing217
06-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I like the Axis but I'm a surfer so I'll keep my eye on Centurion, MB (Tige Rz2 is too expensive).

Centurion showed last week their new Enzo 211 that is a chopped Enzo 230 hull. They moved the windsheild forward so a bunch of space like a Bu'/Supra layout. The previous small Enzo was a crossover hull that you could ski/wake/surf all good, just not great. Prob be priced in the $60s but has quick fill ballast and media screen standard (I don't like the screens). Centurion has priced themselves out of my market for the most part.

MB is at the top of my list should I upgrade.

skylar18
06-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Looked at a Supra 242 last weekend. It was very nice, but sure not worth 30 - 40k more than my 07 Supra. I think these price point boats from every brand are more and more popular as the flagship lines have gone crazy with prices. 80k to 110k for a wakeboard boat seems crazy to me.

sandm
06-15-2011, 09:56 AM
mb would be at the top of my list as well, but I would have to see one surf before I would settle. seems that they have a ton of ballast, easy to fill/drain and the fit/finish seems to be right up there with supra, but the price is nice. dealer here sells 2, the 21tomkat and the b52 v23 for $49900 otd and that's pretty well loaded. only needs tower speakers.

you da man
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
mb would be at the top of my list as well, but I would have to see one surf before I would settle. seems that they have a ton of ballast, easy to fill/drain and the fit/finish seems to be right up there with supra, but the price is nice. dealer here sells 2, the 21tomkat and the b52 v23 for $49900 otd and that's pretty well loaded. only needs tower speakers.

The MB Team Wide Body throws a pretty sick regular side surf wake...it's big and super clean.

mmandley
06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
We have looked at these boats and i met the owner of the company quite a few times since hes local to the area. I would deffiently put this on my short list of next boat upgrades.

I love everything about them

sandm
06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
ya, I think it would be between the xlv, the supreme surf series and an mb. all seem to be similarly priced..
I'd still love an rz2, but I think even used they will be some serious coin..

you da man
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
ya, I think it would be between the xlv, the supreme surf series and an mb. all seem to be similarly priced..
I'd still love an rz2, but I think even used they will be some serious coin..

The Supreme and MB wide body have better surf wakes than the XLV. Have you looked at the Sangers? They have awesome surf wakes and on both sides

sandm
06-15-2011, 03:35 PM
ya. have a dealer here with a couple. have not been that impressed with the boat, and service here is not great. guy that sells them just picked up tige so I suspect that sanger is going to become the bastard-child of his shop and not get any attention :(

you da man
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
ya. have a dealer here with a couple. have not been that impressed with the boat, and service here is not great. guy that sells them just picked up tige so I suspect that sanger is going to become the bastard-child of his shop and not get any attention :(

The RZ series are gorgeous and functional boats with great wake/surf characteristics. I would easy take an RZ2 if they weren't priced so high. Tige has come a long ways as has Moomba in just a few years.

newty
06-15-2011, 04:23 PM
MB are one of my favorite boats out there. My first inboard was an MB. It would have likely been my next boat but there is no way I'd buy from the current MB dealer here in Portland. Bunch of crooks.

saskyrider
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
WOW!! lots of Haters (maybe that's to strong a word... dislikers??) I have been in a couple of A22's and one A20 and absolutely love them. But i'm not a party barge kinda guy. we don't spend much time in the boat unless it's moving. I love the looks the lines and the feel of the Axis. It will be my next boat unless skier's comes up with a pickle fork design.

Geoff

newty
06-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like the Axis! I like the idea behind them with the utilitarian aspect of construction. They have a lot of great ideas and are putting themselves in a different catagory from other "price point" boats. Does that make them better?... Not really.
I'm sure Axis is a great boat for certain group of people.
Moomba does the same thing for a certain group as well.

Really right now for "the money" there are a lot of great boats out there.

Razzman
06-15-2011, 07:00 PM
WOW!! lots of Haters (maybe that's to strong a word... dislikers??) I have been in a couple of A22's and one A20 and absolutely love them. But i'm not a party barge kinda guy. we don't spend much time in the boat unless it's moving. I love the looks the lines and the feel of the Axis. It will be my next boat unless skier's comes up with a pickle fork design.

Geoff

Nobodies hating on them, just voicing opinions is all. I'm not a "Party Barge" guy either but i do like a bit of comfort and the Axis is not it by far. Just looks too cheap inside for me, like Malibu cut corners to bring a price point boat to market.

Razzman
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM

Ride in a Sanger and you'll change your mind real fast trust me. They build probably the most solid boat out there in it's class and build quality is up there.

I have two buddies with Sanger V215's and they are a real pleasure to drive. When I was shopping boats three years ago Sanger was at the top of my list above anybody else. Problem was before the recession boats were way up in price and I could not touch one for less than $45K without any options. Loaded was almost $60K. Hard to justify when I got my LSV with almost all options for $39,500!

Pre-recession Sanger was only building around 400 boats a year, they concentrate on quality, not quantity. If you ever get to drive one do it! Their V237 is an absolute great boat for all watersports!

skylar18
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Sangers seem to be mainly on the West Coast. I have seen one Sanger here in Austin. I got to go on it and it was awesome! The one I was on was built for surfing.

Razzman
06-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Sangers seem to be mainly on the West Coast. I have seen one Sanger here in Austin. I got to go on it and it was awesome! The one I was on was built for surfing.

They are built about 1 1/2 hours south of me in Clovis California. Yeah the surf boats are serious surf boats.

you da man
06-16-2011, 02:02 AM

Used to be a Sanger dealer in Dallas (dealership closed shop). There was also a dealer in Marble Falls that had 3-5 Sangers on their lot most of the time. Houston has or had one recently. I would have loved a Sanger 237. The boat has contest quality surf wakes according to pro wakesurfers.

you da man
06-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Nobodies hating on them, just voicing opinions is all. I'm not a "Party Barge" guy either but i do like a bit of comfort and his boat is not it by far. Just looks too cheap inside for me, like Malibu cut corners to bring a price point boat to market.

I wouldn't say Moomba has more "comfort" than our boat...Moomba does have nice interior lines/curves. I've sat in LSV's and Outback V's and the back bench is far to low on my back to say it's comfortable. The back of the bench seat in the boat is across my shoulders without my knees in my chest. This also gives the passengers a sense of safety of sitting "in" the boat and not "on" the boat. The bow of an LSV is tiny as well (cant even stretch my legs out). I guess "comfort" is left to each person's own interpretations though...fair enough.

mmandley
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like the Axis! I like the idea behind them with the utilitarian aspect of construction. They have a lot of great ideas and are putting themselves in a different catagory from other "price point" boats. Does that make them better?... Not really.
I'm sure Axis is a great boat for certain group of people.
Moomba does the same thing for a certain group as well.

Really right now for "the money" there are a lot of great boats out there.

Im with you on this one mang.

sandm
06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
one of the couples I ride with pretty regularly have an '05 sanger. granted everyone cares for their boat differently, but some of the gripes I have that would push me to never buy one:
-speakers are in the seatbase begging for a foot thru them or drinks/water on them
-surf wake is ok. tall, but not a real deep pocket and not much push at the back end. they have spent a lot of time playing with the ballast and think it's the best they can do
-boat has a horrible time idling/stalling/dying. been to several shops and no one can figure it out
-vinyl has not worn well. sanger replaced one bench, but refused to do the other 2. they all looked the same
-sundeck is not flat, has a "bulge" to it. hard as hell to walk on with wet feet when climbing out of a boat weighted for surf, and can't imagine it would be worth a crap to lay on when level
-very small rear compartments and interior feels smallish for the size of the boat
-seatbacks are too shallow. feels like the back seat is digging into my back all the time

overall, I would have a hard time, no probably will never own a sanger.
the support here would be marginal, don't like the overall feel of the ones on the lot here and after seeing the problems with the one I surf on, not going to happen.

too many other options out there to drop money on that will fit the bill nicely and not have me second-guessing the decision :)

Razzman
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
one of the couples I ride with pretty regularly have an '05 sanger. granted everyone cares for their boat differently, but some of the gripes I have that would push me to never buy one:
-speakers are in the seatbase begging for a foot thru them or drinks/water on them
-surf wake is ok. tall, but not a real deep pocket and not much push at the back end. they have spent a lot of time playing with the ballast and think it's the best they can do
-boat has a horrible time idling/stalling/dying. been to several shops and no one can figure it out
-vinyl has not worn well. sanger replaced one bench, but refused to do the other 2. they all looked the same
-sundeck is not flat, has a "bulge" to it. hard as hell to walk on with wet feet when climbing out of a boat weighted for surf, and can't imagine it would be worth a crap to lay on when level
-very small rear compartments and interior feels smallish for the size of the boat
-seatbacks are too shallow. feels like the back seat is digging into my back all the time

overall, I would have a hard time, no probably will never own a sanger.
the support here would be marginal, don't like the overall feel of the ones on the lot here and after seeing the problems with the one I surf on, not going to happen.

too many other options out there to drop money on that will fit the bill nicely and not have me second-guessing the decision :)

The boat your describing is the V210 an old design which has been around since '96 or '97 and still made. Low freeboard, narrow beam, not much room. It's a Vdrive version of their DLV direct drive ski boat, very poular for wakeboarding however but not so great for surfing.

Sanger had vinyl issues in the '04-'06 years I believe which they've resolved. My buddies '05 V215 had vinyl issues and Sanger replaced it all. Any boat can have engine issues so that's really not an indicator.

The V215/V237 boats however are totally different and cannot be judged by the older designs. But hey everybody has opinions as we've seen with the Axis right?

mk_deuce
07-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Got to spend all weekend in my brothers brand new 2011 A20 & other than maybe the windshield construction & the rub rail, there is nothing cheap on this boat or anything that would deter me from buying it. The tower setup was more solid than mine & the rear sunpad wakeboard seat & cup holders was a huge plus. We had 8 people in the boat while trying to ride in chop water & the boat was not at all weight sensitive like my Mobius. Both sides of the wake were completely clean. Could I ride any better behind his boat, probably not, but it was a definately a better wake. If I could buy a new Moomba or new Axis for around the same money I would deffinately be leaning towards the Axis. We by the way, are the type of boaters that hang out in the boat all weekend for a party boat & wakeboard all evening a couple times a week so we use the boat for both purposes.

On a side note, not sure if Moomba is putting snap out carpet in the new boats but they should be, Axis does. Get with the times Moomba, my 99 Rinker had snap out carpet for god's sake.

KG's Supra24
07-12-2011, 03:24 PM
........... and ban :p

dusty2221
07-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Delete. Get it straight.

:) :)

j/k people

mk_deuce
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
........... and ban :p

Hahaha, I bought a Moomba so I have the right to be jealous and post it! LOL

brain_rinse
07-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Perma bans, all of you! :)

I looked really close at the A22 before I got my LSV. A great wake and some great features for sure! One of things that I love about the LSV is the gigantic sunpad and rear lockers. Being able to put all your wakeboards and surfboards and gear in the lockers was a huge selling point for me as I tow it long distances. Plus I much preferred the classic styling. Oh and the Z5 rack! And .... ok I'll stop.

The A22 pickle fork sure is nice though. Maybe there will be a 2012 Moomba with one???

KG's Supra24
07-12-2011, 04:13 PM
One of things that I love about the LSV is the gigantic sunpad and rear lockers. Being able to put all your wakeboards and surfboards and gear in the lockers was a huge selling point for me as I tow it long distances. Plus I much preferred the classic styling. Oh and the Z5 rack! And .... ok I'll stop.

Amen to all of those! That is the one major thing that left me disappointed in the 242. I use my rear lockers for boards all the time. Didn't look like it would happen with the way the new 242 is rounded off in the arse end.

I LOVE the classic styling of skiers choice.

sandm
07-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I sure like the looks of the pickle fork and think it would be a great addition, but then I think that most of the time, it's 4-5 of us and it's kind of anti-social to hang up there when everyone else is in the back. it would be nice to spend some time in one and see if it's a feature I'd really enjoy.
skiers does have much better lines than the axis, and call it plush if you will, interior just screams cheap to me..

appears after ydm talked about them being sold out and my skiers/bu dealers confirmed the same story, bu is def. putting their efforts into building the wrong boat.. wonder if they are making any real money on them or if the hopes is to get peeps in to look at one, sold out, and now lets look at a vlx..

mk_deuce
07-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I sure like the looks of the pickle fork and think it would be a great addition, but then I think that most of the time, it's 4-5 of us and it's kind of anti-social to hang up there when everyone else is in the back. it would be nice to spend some time in one and see if it's a feature I'd really enjoy.
skiers does have much better lines than the axis, and call it plush if you will, interior just screams cheap to me..

appears after ydm talked about them being sold out and my skiers/bu dealers confirmed the same story, bu is def. putting their efforts into building the wrong boat.. wonder if they are making any real money on them or if the hopes is to get peeps in to look at one, sold out, and now lets look at a vlx..

I know when my brother ordered his Axis they couldnt get them here fast enough & couldnt keep em on the lot. The price has went up on them even since they came out in 2009, so the demand is definately there. I love it that Moomba offers "the regular $ guy" a chance to get into a wakeboat, I just wish they would update their line a bit before I would give them another chance. Just my opinion but they are starting to look a little dated compared to some of the new styles out there.

Jet
07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Thats my #1 like of the Axis and Mali's. 17-21 mph pure clean wake..ZERO white wash. My wife likes to slow down to 17-18 mph and do her surface 360's and any newbie riders cant ride at 20-23 mph, so Its a big plus.

saskyrider
07-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Nobodies hating on them, just voicing opinions is all. I'm not a "Party Barge" guy either but i do like a bit of comfort and the Axis is not it by far. Just looks too cheap inside for me, like Malibu cut corners to bring a price point boat to market.

I get what your saying Razz, but personally i thought the A22 was pretty plush. Bottom line is i'd take a new boat from any of the manufacturers right now and it would suit my needs. But i don't forsee a change in the near future... my 05 does just fine and only has 200 hours on it.

Did i read that right though that you bought your LSV for 39.5K new in 07?

Geoff