PDA

View Full Version : There are still GREAT people left in this world

loudsubz
06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
I bought a used Inland Surfer board from a guy in Alberta. Had it shipped over to Ontario and even though the package was padded nicely and had a fragile sticker on it, they managed to put a hole in my wakesurf board.

I called Jeff @ Inland asking how to fix it and that it would probably be too expensive to ship the epoxy fix over to Canada so I would buy something locally. After giving me a few suggestions and still not finding something suitable locally he told me to forget it and he shipped out the epoxy kit free of charge. I even offered to pay for shipping but he was doing it on the house.

He went out of his way for someone he didn't even know or who hadn't bought something directly from himself. Just goes to show you what kind of people are left in this world.

jpetty3023
06-13-2011, 08:26 PM
It's great to hear about a feel good story every now and then.

Jceclipse01
06-13-2011, 08:32 PM
That's very nice of him. I was the cop that just pulled me over would have help me out with the speeding ticket he just gave me

mmandley
06-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I had the same experience with Phil at Kicker Audio

I sent hima PM a few months ago asking if i could get the inserts for the KMT6 clamps as i didnt have mine any longer. I wanted to give the speakers to a college friend for his boat because he has nothing.

Phil sent the spacers i needed out and didnt even charge me when i offered to pay something for them.

There are still great people out there, and it seems all you have to do is ask them for what you need, offer to pay them and not always asking if you can have it at a discount or free.

Same thing happened with Ian, i asked for some Polks for this same buddies boat, Ian sent me some great new looking speakers for free, i offered shipping fees and he refused them lol.

Now my buddy has a great stereo in his Rienell and when hes not on mine he can still jam out and always be thinking of Kicker, Ian, and Moomba for doing him right.