PDA

View Full Version : 1 inch ballast hose

saskie99
06-13-2011, 11:40 AM
So this weekend I thought I was going to switch my gravity 3 system over into 1 inch hose. i purchased all the fittings from wakemakers and started to put it together. No luck! the quick release fittings do not fit the sprinkler valves!! They a just a hair to big! Now I am going to see if I can make use of some plumbing fittings and just push on the hose and leave it on for year.
Earlier this year I added another fill pump to my system and need the 1 inch hose to take advantage of having more pressure.

On a side note can you buy a fitted one piece tarp from moomba for 2005 lsv. i have the snap tarp and dont really like it on the boat lift as water still gets into it.

deafgoose
06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
So this weekend I thought I was going to switch my gravity 3 system over into 1 inch hose. i purchased all the fittings from wakemakers and started to put it together. No luck! the quick release fittings do not fit the sprinkler valves!! They a just a hair to big! Now I am going to see if I can make use of some plumbing fittings and just push on the hose and leave it on for year.
Earlier this year I added another fill pump to my system and need the 1 inch hose to take advantage of having more pressure.

On a side note can you buy a fitted one piece tarp from moomba for 2005 lsv. i have the snap tarp and dont really like it on the boat lift as water still gets into it.

You will need to upgrade the manifold and sprinkler valves to 1" also.

I highly suggest going with Irritrol 700 series valves over the Orbit junk.

http://www.irritrol.com/valves/valves_700s.html

saskie99
06-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Did the quick fitting from wakemakers fit the new valves?

newty
06-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I believe the manifold is 1". Its the fittings that come out of the solenoids that are 3/4".

deafgoose
06-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I believe the manifold is 1". Its the fittings that come out of the solenoids that are 3/4".

Nice. Makes it even easier. :)