PDA

View Full Version : RPM Discrepancy in Manuals

Garn
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm a little confused about something. I have a 2007 Mobius LS with the 5.7L MPI 325 hp engine. I have both a Moomba Owners Manual for the entire boat. I also have an Indmar Owners Manual specifically for the engine. In the Moomba Owners manual for the MPI 325 it says that the WOT is between 4400 - 4800 RPMs. But in the Indmar Owners Manual it says the WOT range is 4600 - 5200 RPM. That's a pretty significant difference. Any idea which is correct?

Thanks,

Garn

mmandley
06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
The correct answer is go drive it and WOT it and see how high it gets.

I think this has something to do with Idmar making the engine and says those are the max RPM ranges for this engine.

Moomba on the other hand might have there PCM dialed back slightly to make sure you cant over rev the engine.

Moomba supplies the warrenty for the engines so they might have lowered the RPM range to protect there claims side of the boat.

Car manufactures do the same thing. In my truck the rev limiter is set at 4K on my diesel but International who makes my engine says it can go up to 4.5K

Also the factory set a speed governor on my truck at 100 i think.

When i added my tuner it reased my max RPM to 4200.
I havnt been over 100 yet in my truck but i have been at 94 passing people lol.

moombabound
06-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I seem to recall noticing this. I don't think the matrix in the manual reflects the difference between the 325 and the 340.