PDA

View Full Version : I killed my boat. Need help.

deafgoose
06-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I removed the battery to work in the compartment and when I connected it back, I head a big pop from the engine compartment. I connected the positive first, then the negative.

Did I blow something up?

dusty2221
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
You check the master breaker on the engine?

deafgoose
06-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I have no idea where that is.

The engine starts but the check engine light is now on.

Also the stereo has a really high pitched noise now.

deafgoose
06-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I got an indmar mechanic to plug into my PCM and all the error codes did not make sense so they cleared the codes and now my throttle is not responsive. This system is drive-by-wire so who knows what this problem could be.

Ian Brantford
06-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Bah! I was about to finally get to do some work on my boat (haven't been out this year yet). Now you have me scared to pull back the cover. Remember previous years when life was simpler and you only had to deal with damaged props?

Sorry to hear about this stressful event. Which mechanic are you using? The nearest one I know is the fairly new Mastercraft dealer in Portland on the Big Rideau Lake.

BTW, you can ride with me if needed... after I have my boat ready.

deafgoose
06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Bah! I was about to finally get to do some work on my boat (haven't been out this year yet). Now you have me scared to pull back the cover. Remember previous years when life was simpler and you only had to deal with damaged props?

Sorry to hear about this stressful event. Which mechanic are you using? The nearest one I know is the fairly new Mastercraft dealer in Portland on the Big Rideau Lake.

BTW, you can ride with me if needed... after I have my boat ready.

The mechanic was at Hurst Marina. They have a computer to read the Indmar PCM.

We got it all figured out.

The codes that were displaying were all quite serious but they all triggered at the same time so it made no sense.

After he cleared the codes, we decided to take it out for a spin. That is when I realized there was no throttle response. We disconnected the computer from the PCM and it was the same problem. Then we reconnected the PCM dongle to the dust cap and I got my throttle back.

Went for a 2hr wakeboarding session and its all good. Even my stereo sounds good.

Weirdest problem ever!