PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change 2010 XLV

Doublea
06-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I have a 2010 Moomba Mobius XLV with the standard 325HP 5.7L. My question is do I have the pump the oil out of the oil pan? I had a 03 Outback and was able to run the hose out of the bottom of the boat just drain it out. If someone could give some hints/tips I would greatly appreciate it. Also needing to change the transmission fluid, it has the ZF45C

Thanks Austin

deafgoose
06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Peta Oil Extractor:

http://www.pelaproducts.com

Alternatively, you do have a hose that you can pass thru the drain hole at the back of your boat.

squeeg333
06-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Second that - the Pela is a great tool to have. It works great, even if you've got cold oil (it'll just take longer obviously). But you can use it everywhere - including your v-drive oil change.

Done and done.

Doublea
06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the responses. I ran the hose out of the back and nothing ran out. I was thinking I was going to have to use a pump.

cab13367
06-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the responses. I ran the hose out of the back and nothing ran out. I was thinking I was going to have to use a pump.

Did you remove the dipstick? Air has to get in before oil can come out. You also need to run the engine for a while to get the oil hot but even then it takes forever. An extractor inserted into the oil drain hose is the best way to go.