PDA

View Full Version : Universal Bimini

usaski1
06-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I think I ask more questions then I answer... Anyway. Looking at tower biminis. I got a Taylor Made tower mount bimini, but it was too big, so sent it back. (see Barts waterports, barts.com) I was thinking of getting the smaller size, I got the largest one and it didnt fit my Outback. Are these any good? I do have to drill with this bimini. I really want to stay under $500 for this, really about $350 or so would be good. Any expierience with universal tower biminis for our boats?

usaski1
06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Anyone?

How about this one from carver?

http://www.boatstore.com/universal-tower-bimini-jet-black-carver-a2678ubd-2.html

Surely someone must have experience putting on a non-factory tower bimini on our boats?

Suprahunter
06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I just bought a bimini from iboats for my supra. It was a close out for $119 and free shipping. I modified it to work with my tower with the extra mounts and hardware I will have about 230-250 in it.

NCSUmoomba
06-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Look at the most recent posts in my Ruby Roo mods post. I modified a "stock" sized one for my boat. It was a PITA, but it works pretty good.

Razzman
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Or you can get a truly custom bimini from the best in the industry, Tower Biminis. They are not cheap by far, but they will last far, far longer than an inexpensive universal bimini and are made from only the best materials. Made to match your boat perfectly.

I'm friends with the owner and with enough interest I could probably get a decent discount on a group buy. Any interest? Let me know and I'll find out more.

Btw, I get nothing for doing this. Just offering as I know I love mine and wouldn't do without one.