PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 2009 mobius LSV

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
So here is what my current problems with the Mobius LSV are...
1... Wife hates graphics... Easy fix I will have that changed in the winter..
2... Ballist will not fill up.. I may be doing it wrong.. One side did fill left.. I did have the boat off and tried to do it all at the same time..
3... Well I have to spend time learning the boat better I guess..
4... I also Want to find a way to make the driver seat swivel and lock.. ????
5... The stereo is over heating amps are under the stereo.. Any help...
6... any other upgrades you can suggest will help....

As far as i know ballist are stock.. I did find all the connections where not clamped.. could be air lock??? what is a good way to make sure its primed???

Thanks Guys

skiyaker
06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
#1) your boat looks awesome maybe you should get a new wife instead of a new boat lol just kidding- boating should be a family activity
#2) not sure about the 09 but in my 2008 you have to be moving to get the ballast to prime. try filling it while going 10-20 mph and see what happens.
#3) when did you get your LSV? I came from an I/O and if you look back at my posts in 2009 when I got my boat I put a few dock rashes on it and thought I had made a big mistake, This year my boat hasn't touched a dock and I have better control of my boat than any I/O.

sorry I don't have much to offer about issues 4-6

KSmith
06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
1... Wife hates graphics... Easy fix I will have that changed in the winter..

Yup, easy fix, those graphics come off and there are lots of Moomba graphics or wraps you can order , tons of aftermarket graphics, wraps, 1/2 wraps, 1/4 wraps, etc...

2... Ballist will not fill up.. I may be doing it wrong.. One side did fill left.. I did have the boat off and tried to do it all at the same time..

Try filling with boat running about 20-25, sometimes there is air in the line and the water pressure built by the boat moving will prime the pumps

3... Well I have to spend time learning the boat better I guess..

Yup, keep at it, it'll come

4... I also Want to find a way to make the driver seat swivel and lock.. ????

Others have done it, search the threads. I may look into the mod myself later in the year

5... The stereo is over heating amps are under the stereo.. Any help...

Do you have the vents under the windshield? If so you could cut into the vent line, put a T or Y connector in there and get more air circulation, perhaps move amps, perhaps build a heat shield or even install a blower to draw the heat out... or you could upgrade the stereo and amps option as many have done... I suppose one could get creative and build a cooling system with pumps, heat exchange coils, evaporation tower... look kinda cool with steam pouring out of the tower ;-)

6... any other upgrades you can suggest will help....

A wife that doesn't nag would be good, just kidding ;-) Upgrades are personal, you'll have to decide what your needs are and go from there., many things are possible

As far as i know ballist are stock.. I did find all the connections where not clamped.. could be air lock??? what is a good way to make sure its primed???

See #2 above

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I will try adding the y in the vent line first.. All the amps have been upgraded to kicker.. I have also soaked the front end and that compartment keeps getting wet so maybe some venting will help

WaterBullDawg1980
06-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Here is one of the swivel seat mods....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7579

mmandley
06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
I will try adding the y in the vent line first.. All the amps have been upgraded to kicker.. I have also soaked the front end and that compartment keeps getting wet so maybe some venting will help

If your running 3 amps and there all on the board right under the Head Unit i dont think a Y will make it any better. The problem is there right under the dash, so not only are the amps creating heat there is heat from the Sun on the top of the boat right there. Thats the absolute hottest part of the boat.

Your going to have to make a few choices here but the best really is move those amps to another location. Plenty of options in the stereo threads but the amps need a little breathing room as well as the deck does also.

I would suggest moving the amps to the side of the boat on a seperate amp rack so they can breath and also gets that extra heat away from the HU.

As for Ballast if 1 side fills then thats half the battle. I think theres only 1 main pump still on the 09, i might be wrong as mines an 08 but i dont think yours has the 3 pump system.

In any case you need to turn on 1 pump at the switch, then go back to the V drive and listen for that pump

Is it on? No then thats the problem and you need to figure that out. Does it have power? Is the fust poped?

Is it on? Yes
Is it pumping water? IDK? Pull the line off the ballast bag and see if you get water? Yes then no issue
No? The the pump isnt pumping water and thats the new issue. Is it getting power fuse? If its the electric pumps it might need a new impellor installed. Easy to do just remove the bolts on the front of the pump and replace the impellor.

Lots of these things are easily fixed and Unlike a Car you need to fix them and learn them so when it arrises on the water your the hero of the day.

KG's Supra24
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
If thats your list of problems, you are in business!!

Alot of your answers have been addressed by the others so I won't repeat. Pull the graphics and see what you and the wife think of the boat "naked". A couple searches will likely yield you most of the other answers you are looking for.

MM is right, diagnose the ballast filling one step at a time. Post up here the results and you are sure to get plenty of help.

As far as needing to spend more time with the boat to get used to her ... well I think we all have that problem.

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Have you tried taking one of your nice boat pictures and photoshopping the graphics off and showing it to the boss? If she likes it better that way you just made it "her" decision and involved her.

KG's Supra24
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Kane, considered writing a book? :p

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 10:23 AM
It's all on here. I just need an editor.

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
good idea...

On the amps could I just put a few amp fans in the compartment to keep it cool and dry???

I am going to move them in the winter i think add fans lights and sub under steering

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
if I pull the graphics do I use adhesive remover like on a truck or car then wax

mmandley
06-08-2011, 11:48 AM
if I pull the graphics do I use adhesive remover like on a truck or car then wax

Use a hair dryer or a heat gun, be carefull with a heat fun it doesnt take to much heat. Once its all off any adhesive remover works. Then you you need to rewax the boat as the adhesive remover strips wax as well.

dusty2221
06-08-2011, 11:53 AM
And take pics of everything, we like pics.

jpetty3023
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
i just the pulled the graphics off my 09 LSV a few weeks ago P69. i took boat out of storage and parked in driveway the night before and let it sit until about noon in this TEXAS sun. Went out at noon and i was able to pull them all off with no heat gun or hair dryer. I had both plugged in and on stand by on thr advise of this forum but turned out the heat/sun did all the work for me. I literally just pulled up the corner of each decal with my thumb nail and it came right up, slow pull and right off they went. once they were all removed i used a magic eraser to get the left over adhesive (wasnt much at all) and then used the orbital buffer and some boat bling to get her all dolled up. Im not a very handy dude when it comes to this stuff but was a very simple project and i was in the water by 5pm!! post pics like the others have said

KG's Supra24
06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm liking the idea of this boat going "naked" :D

Def take some pics. If your wife doesn't like the current graphics, you have nothing to lose. It is an easy project.

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Just don't want the 2 tone to look stupid

jpetty3023
06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
not sure how to post the link P69 but look at the thread "pulled the graphics off today" probably around page 3 by now. Post #32 of that thread is my boat with before and after pics. then on maybe page 6 or 7 i have some with it in the water so you can see both dry and wet views. we have the same exact boat just diffrent colors.

i asked for honest opinions on the "new look" and it was about half/half. some maniacs liked and others did not. yours will look exactly like mine if you decide to pull em so take a look at the pics i posted and see how you like. i have grown to love it and get more compliments now then i did prior to her stripping down neeked for the world to see!!