PDA

View Full Version : Triple X Wakesurfers

spoon03
06-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I live in the area of the Triple X company. I have been wanting to try out a new surf style wakesurfer. I picked up two demos from the guys at Triple X. Really nice crew and really willing to help out. I picked up a 4'8" and a 5' to demo. As soon as I get out on the water this week, I post the results.

I like the company and I would like to give a local company a good name.

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Well, I like their boards and where they fit in the budget.

Hey, Spoon! I have a cousin who is moving to J-ville area before too long. I told her I'd come over with the boat and take her and the family out. Of course, I have no idea where to go. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. Hopefully they move before our season is over.

spoon03
06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Well, I like their boards and where they fit in the budget.

Hey, Spoon! I have a cousin who is moving to J-ville area before too long. I told her I'd come over with the boat and take her and the family out. Of course, I have no idea where to go. Maybe we can meet up somewhere. Hopefully they move before our season is over.

Would love to. Just keep me posted on when you get here.

spoon03
06-13-2011, 08:07 PM
An update to the Triple X demo. Be sure to look at my boat setup. G3 with rear 750s and the wakeplate all the way up. I surf goofy and am 6'2" about 200 lbs.

I tried out two SURF STYLE boards this weekend. Please don't get them confused with the skim style boards.

I tried the "Slayer 4'8" with a quad fin setup, and a "Slasher 5' " with a thruster fin setup.

I truly enjoyed the Slayer 4'8". It was very fast in the pocket. It had great float and grabbed really well at the bottom of the wake allowing me to slash hard up and down the wake. I did not catch any air only because of my skill level, not the board. I also like the way I could ride farther back away from the boat on this board. Not so easy on the skim style boards. My wife also really liked it. She was able to surf easily and cruise up and down the wake without the rope. Something that was giving her a little trouble on my IS Black Skim Pearl. They appear well made with nice lines.

The Slasher 5' was also really easy to ride, but a little larger and not so mobile. It is a great board for cruisers and also has great float. It is real stable with th larger fin setup and not "squirlly" on the rear like the skim style.

I really liked the being able to change out different size fins to loosen or stiffen the tail. The Slayer comes with six fins.

For all of those looking for a nice board that will not comletely break the bank, I recommed the Triple X boards. I am going to buy one for myself. I already have 3 boards and this will make a nice addition.

By the way, them let me use a board bag that holds 2 boards. I loved it. Kept everything nice and neat and safe in the back of the truck.

kaneboats
06-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the report on those. I have not tried the surf style boards. I'll have to get around to that one of these days. Love their 58" skim style board though.

sailing217
06-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Good post. Waiting to borrow one from some fellow boaters.

Def agree that bags are a great to protect your investment. These glassed surfers like XXX, TWP, Stixx can be delicate and I now find out how to patch one =-(

I have bags on my Phase5s and TWP JWSM but my boat board TWP fell on the concrete sans a bag. sux