PDA

View Full Version : Need Help and advice

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Yesterday I was talking to My Correct craft dealer where I got my used 2009 Moomba LSV... He made me an offer to buy a 210 team edition Super Air Nautique.. My payments wont very that much.. My question is, is it worth doing.. What are the pro's and cons... How do the Correct craft drive and how are they on trailer loading.. The moombas are not fun on this.. Thanks for your help in advance and sorry If I upset anyone

you da man
06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
You are comparing apples to oranges as far as class of boats. What year SANTE are you looking at? If it's new, your payments might go up a little but your years of payments sure will increase.

sandm
06-07-2011, 09:46 AM
depends on the deal.
you need to list a lot more info. options/years/hrs/price of the deal and why do you want to?

the 210's are supposed to have a fantastic wakeboard wake, but not for surfing, so what are you looking for that the lsv does not have/do the way you want to?

to just trade to say you have a nautique doesn't make much sense??

rdlangston13
06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Yesterday I was talking to My Correct craft dealer where I got my used 2009 Moomba LSV... He made me an offer to buy a 210 team edition Super Air Nautique.. My payments wont very that much.. My question is, is it worth doing.. What are the pro's and cons... How do the Correct craft drive and how are they on trailer loading.. The moombas are not fun on this.. Thanks for your help in advance and sorry If I upset anyone

As I understand it moomba are like the chevrolet of the wake board world and correct craft is like rolls royce lol. I dont see any difference in load on a trailer and such since they are both v-drive boats and I assume the will drive very similar as well. the main difference is going to be luxury items and the wake. the correct crafts are supposed to have the best wakes in the business and being a luxury tow boat they will have features and creature comforts not found on a moomba. I would like to know how he is offering to get you in a SAN for about the same as the mooomba...

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Aren't you the guy that doesn't know how to drive or how to wakeboard? Maybe you should take a step back for a minute and see if you guys are going to stick with this sport/lifestyle before you go sinking even more money into another boat. If it's the deal of a lifetime I certainly understand. Maybe the thing to do is test drive the other boat and find out that it's not the boat it's that you have some learning to do.

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Aren't you the guy that doesn't know how to drive or how to wakeboard? Maybe you should take a step back for a minute and see if you guys are going to stick with this sport/lifestyle before you go sinking even more money into another boat. If it's the deal of a lifetime I certainly understand. Maybe the thing to do is test drive the other boat and find out that it's not the boat it's that you have some learning to do.

This is probably true.. We do like the sport and so far the life style.. But I am looking at my options..

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM
As I understand it moomba are like the chevrolet of the wake board world and correct craft is like rolls royce lol. I dont see any difference in load on a trailer and such since they are both v-drive boats and I assume the will drive very similar as well. the main difference is going to be luxury items and the wake. the correct crafts are supposed to have the best wakes in the business and being a luxury tow boat they will have features and creature comforts not found on a moomba. I would like to know how he is offering to get you in a SAN for about the same as the mooomba...

well we financed the 09 for 8 years and the new one will be 15.. Also its a brand new 2011.. I am also looking at the 226.. But not sure.. We love boating.. My only reason for looking 1 he made the offer to by my boat back for 3k more than I paid.. 2 the ballist need to be fixed no warranty... cause its used.. 300 hr on the 09.. And my wife don't like the boat.. loves the lake though..

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Well if the wife doesn't like the boat-- there you go! Go test drive that bad boy. Just be sure-- if you get a bigger boat-- you can throw a clean wake at low speeds if you have smaller kids. Nothing worse than getting a perfect boat that's no fun for the family.

newty
06-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Let me get this straight!

The dealer offering 3k more than what you paid for it.
Your getting a new Sante for a monthly payment you're comfortable with.
Your wife doesn't like your current boat.
Seems like a no brainer to me. Listen, I love my Moomba, but if I could work a deal like that, I'd be all over it.
Having the wife on board is half the battle.

you da man
06-07-2011, 10:40 AM
If you can afford double the boat the SANTE is the cat's pajamas. Interior is not as plush as a Malibu and does not have nice curves/lines. Correct Craft seems to have functional interiors with nice creature comforts that Moomba lacks. The wake is going to be the big difference. I'm sure the SANTE may weigh more as well since it's a more solid boat so that may or may not effect handling around the dock. I've driven an '07 and steering input was very light compared to steering a Moomba

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Well if the wife doesn't like the boat-- there you go! Go test drive that bad boy. Just be sure-- if you get a bigger boat-- you can throw a clean wake at low speeds if you have smaller kids. Nothing worse than getting a perfect boat that's no fun for the family.

I just don't want to F up.. I do need to say this isn't my first boat just first v- drive.. But I don't want to buy this and make a mistake.. I know they are higher end boats but is it worth the trade.. They say a bigger boat is easier to move around due to weight.. I want to know what would you guys do

you da man
06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I just don't want to F up.. I do need to say this isn't my first boat just first v- drive.. But I don't want to buy this and make a mistake.. I know they are higher end boats but is it worth the trade.. They say a bigger boat is easier to move around due to weight.. I want to know what would you guys do

A bigger boat is not necessary easier to move. I just traded in my Moomba XLV (23ft) for a 2011 Axis A22 (22ft). The Axis is a dream to steer at speed or around the dock. My XLV felt like my first truck with no power steering.

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
A bigger boat is not necessary easier to move. I just traded in my Moomba XLV (23ft) for a 2011 Axis A22 (22ft). The Axis is a dream to steer at speed or around the dock. My XLV felt like my first truck with no power steering.

At times thats how mine feels

sandm
06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't think I'd go from 8 to a 15 year loan. that's a big tradeup and at 8 years, you will probably always have some equity in the moomba. use it for the summer. bet he will make you a similar deal next year if you keep your boat in tip-top shape.. since it seems you are a noob based on some of the responses, you should figure out what watersport you REALLY will like. sante is a great wakeboat, but if you end up liking surfing more, there are better/cheaper choices out there. you will now have an expensive boat most likely upside down in and a payment forever on a boat that isn't going to REALLY do what you end up loving. bet the wife will live with that boat for a year(if you call it that-it's sharp looking) and look next year..

as far as the broken ballast, there are only a few hundred$$ in parts in a stock ballast. can't be that expensive to fix. give us your symptoms, bet someone on here will point you in the right direction and if you can't fix it, get a buddy to do it and save the coin..

either way, glad you enjoy the "lifestyle" :)

mmandley
06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I hear ya on the new boat, and i think you got new boat bling in your eyes and its clouding the judgement. This is exactly what the deal wants.

Let me lay it out this way. The Dealer is not making you a deal, hes making him a deal and making you feel like your getting a deal.

Dealers make most of there money on a Used boat, and a brand new year boat. Left over boats they make the least amount on.

Dealer sells you LSV makes 8K profit. Bank paid him in full already, thats the way it works.

Now dealer says Bro ill buy your boat back for 3K over your price. Ok so now Dealer is really making 5K off you.

Dealer says buy this 2011 210 Sante < grin > you do Dealer makes 15K off that sell instantly.

Now the dealer is up 20K total.

Dealer then sees next guy come in and says look here man we had this boat sold it to a guy and it wasnt for him to small, hes got a big family. Ill sell you this LSV for 3K less then i did the last guy.

Guys says hell yes man. Dealer made another 5K on the same boat instantly bring his grand total to 25K in profits.

The moral here is if your wife doesnt like the boat then get rid of it because i listen to guys all the time who wish there wives were into boating as much as they are and in the end there boating suffers as its always more fun with the wife is into it. Trust me i know i make sure Claudia stays 100% into the boating that way i can spend and play as much as i want in it.

If you really are thinking of this new boat go join there forums and get the info from the guys who own them.

Go drive that boat and since you have driven the LSV you can make a comparison as to which one you like better.

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Had a dealer call me the other day to tell me he was all out of used boats and would like to buy mine. Told him I am not nearly ready and like my driver's seat the way it is.

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 12:31 PM
I hear ya on the new boat, and i think you got new boat bling in your eyes and its clouding the judgement. This is exactly what the deal wants.

Let me lay it out this way. The Dealer is not making you a deal, hes making him a deal and making you feel like your getting a deal.

Dealers make most of there money on a Used boat, and a brand new year boat. Left over boats they make the least amount on.

Dealer sells you LSV makes 8K profit. Bank paid him in full already, thats the way it works.

Now dealer says Bro ill buy your boat back for 3K over your price. Ok so now Dealer is really making 5K off you.

Dealer says buy this 2011 210 Sante < grin > you do Dealer makes 15K off that sell instantly.

Now the dealer is up 20K total.

Dealer then sees next guy come in and says look here man we had this boat sold it to a guy and it wasnt for him to small, hes got a big family. Ill sell you this LSV for 3K less then i did the last guy.

Guys says hell yes man. Dealer made another 5K on the same boat instantly bring his grand total to 25K in profits.

The moral here is if your wife doesnt like the boat then get rid of it because i listen to guys all the time who wish there wives were into boating as much as they are and in the end there boating suffers as its always more fun with the wife is into it. Trust me i know i make sure Claudia stays 100% into the boating that way i can spend and play as much as i want in it.

If you really are thinking of this new boat go join there forums and get the info from the guys who own them.

Go drive that boat and since you have driven the LSV you can make a comparison as to which one you like better.

YEah I know how the sales thing works I've been in sales for 8 years.. I bought the boat for 38k he is giving me 41,500 for trade.. Nada is 43000.. They are ordering a new CC.. and giving my 500 over their cost.. The company I own also does work for the dealer

iwaterskihard
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm not a wakeboarder so my input might not be worth a bag of naco's. However I can tell you what I have gotten out of my Outback DD has been awsome. Yes the Nautiques and Mastercrafts are beautiful boats however for the difference in price....................nowhere near it for me. The monet my family has saved over the prices in the different boats has allowed my family of 4 to take a lot of holidays away together (with our boat) as well as pay for a lot more fuel for it that we wouldn't have had if we had chosen one of the other boats?

I'm a pretty decent waterskier but one thing I do know.............I will never be a pro and what I have is more than enough for my family! Plus it's paid for so no payments for me! Not for one month or 15 years!!!!!:p

Just my 2 cents!!!!

maxpower220
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
In short, you would have to be a "F"ing moron to trade. You already have a boat financed for 8 years. Sorry, that is a mistake. Now you want to finance a depreciating boat for 15 yrs! I have had homes financed for 15 years.
BTW, the dealer is "giving" you more than you paid for the Moomba because he has about $20K of profit in the CC to "give".

Is CC a nice boat, yes. Is it worth double the price of a Moomba, no. As to a comparison made earlier:Moomba may be the Chevy, the CC would be the Buick.

As for the way the CC will drive, the boat will act very much like any other V-drive, but CC uses a PCM motor and their boats will track left (vs right) while in reverse. As CC does not make their own trailer, you may get one of many that are out there for that boat.

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Forgot about the PCM motor. That would be the deal breaker for me.

E4NASH
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree, I think you should stick with what you have. I couldn't imagine financing a boat (toy) for 15 years. Your current term of 8 years would be the most I'd go. Your payment may stay close to the same but it's twice as long! I don't know your financial situation and don't care either but in the words of my brother-in-law if you need to finance longer than 5 years to make it work then maybe you don't need it. I don't see the need or reason in paying these ridiculously high prices for some of these boats out there. Moomba and Axis are nice boats and prove you don't need to break the bank to get a great performing boat. I stay stick with what you have...if the wife doesn't like the color combo get it wrapped...I'm a noob but that's just my $.02

-E

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Ok first off I wanna say thinks.. You guys slapped me back to the real world enough...

Also I took one other guys advice joined thier forum and that helped a ton... I wont buy anything where I have to act like a stuck up prick.. Man those people are snobs...

So here is what my current problems with the Mobius LSV are...
1... Wife hates graphics... Easy fix I will have that changed in the winter..
2... Ballist will not fill up.. I may be doing it wrong.. One side did fill left.. I did have the boat off and tried to do it all at the same time..
3... Well I have to spend time learning the boat better I guess..
4... I also Want to find a way to make the driver seat swivel and lock.. ????
5... The stereo is over heating amps are under the stereo.. Any help...
6... any other upgrades you can suggest will help....

Thanks in advance for all the help and web slapping me back to my right state of mind...

sandm
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
glad you are staying...

get specific data on your issues and either search for the answers or start a specific thread for your problems and you will get the answers you need :)

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
glad you are staying...

get specific data on your issues and either search for the answers or start a specific thread for your problems and you will get the answers you need :)

do I start it as each one or just a problem with boat

sandm
06-07-2011, 03:40 PM
ballast and stereo should be in different areas. there are already threads on how to swivel the seat, just have to search. driving takes time. graphics are a personal preference and sounds like you have that covered, just be sure and post pics ;)

as far as further upgrades, as you get used to the boat, you will find questions that will lead you to more to do.
start with the ballast and stereo.
just be sure and post details as to the issue, what components/pieces you have and what you have done to date...

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Info overkill is best because it answers so many questions. But, you can assume if you provide model and year we have a general idea of what's in the boat. We can certainly help and enjoy doing it. Most of the time the answers are quite simple and once you understand your systems you can figure out issues on the water. My ballast wouldn't fill the other day after the heavy rain and I had to start at square 1. My pumps were primed and I was getting water to the bags while the boat was underway but kept losing it. I determined the pumps weren't coming on at all. There's a reset/fuse button right on the switch panel I never even noticed before. But, using a process to diagnose the system I found it and we were filling 2 min later. Of course I should have known about that reset but I can't remember anyone ever mentioning it on here before. The point is that I understood how the system works and was able to track down the issue. You'll be in that position in a few weeks with all the help on here. Shoot, now we have guys accessing this info from their phones while they are on the water. Now that's cool if you ask me. So cool I PM'ed Rick T the first time I heard about it.

Gottop69
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
started a new thread year and make is in the header

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=142495#post142495

maxpower220
06-07-2011, 06:48 PM
. Man those people are snobs...

So here is what my current problems with the Mobius LSV are...
1... Wife hates graphics... Easy fix I will have that changed in the winter..
2... Ballist will not fill up.. I may be doing it wrong.. One side did fill left.. I did have the boat off and tried to do it all at the same time..
3... Well I have to spend time learning the boat better I guess..
4... I also Want to find a way to make the driver seat swivel and lock.. ????
5... The stereo is over heating amps are under the stereo.. Any help...
6... any other upgrades you can suggest will help....

Thanks in advance for all the help and web slapping me back to my right state of mind...

SNOB= Sport Nautique Open Bow, the owners are really nice people.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I think you made a wise choice from what I have read in this thread. I will say that I like Nautiques more than any other boat except for their engine. I know a lot about the company and who runs it bc of some other things I am involved in and I like what they have done with their brand and vision for the future. They have been around a long time and imo are a fantastic company. Is it the boat for me? Not really. Simply cannot justify the cost. It would be eating away at retirement and a boat should never do that imo.

The price difference when considering extending the loan to a 15 year loan is what would get me. Just bc a payment is lower or only raised a little means absolutely nothing to me. I'm considering the total cost. Period.

As far as your wife not liking it, that could be a problem, but if it is only bc of the graphics than that is an easy fix! Check with your dealer for the newer raised Moomba lettering. I think those look really sharp. But obviously there are a ton of options out there. If she is simply wanting the "bling factor" then there are a few very inexpensive upgrades you could do if you are so inclined. Stainless upgrades such as cup holders, thru hulls, steering wheel are all things you could add for less than $150 total. Or at least I did. The swivel seat has been done on here a couple times by I believe Newty and Sandm. Very neat upgrade that I believe was a pretty inexpensive and easy upgrade.

The problems you mentioned with your current boat all sound like very simple fixes honestly. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Good luck and welcome back. :cool:

usaski1
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I really like my Moomba. Heres how it went down (not saying you should do the same) I agree with this thred, fix up that Moomba the way YOUR WIFE likes it. Whatever she doersn't like, if its fixable, fix it. Everything but the wake and the size of the boat can be changed. My Moomba story: I took my boat in (a closed bow 20 ft ski boat) for a repeat offender issue. It was 8 years old. I had just put $1000 into it less than a year ago. And now I had to Break Out Another Thousand. (BOAT) I was pi$$ed. They had a dealer leftover Outback, and after kicking around a little, decided to drive to see it (multiple branch dealership) It wasen't quite eye catchy enough for me, but I liked what I saw whan I got there. I had tried to sell my boat on my own twice. Once hard and spent $500 in advertising trying to sell it. It was not what the market wated, Inboard, and closed bow, and small. The dealer offed me 3k less than what I might have been able to sell it for. If I could sell it at all. I jumped on it. And paid for the repairs, and took home my Moomba. It prbably wasent the best financial decision, it was an okay deal. I really like my Moomba, and payments.

lsvboombox
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
15 years???????????????????? F no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KurtL
06-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Good words of wisdom Iski,max,waterdawg.

I don't know what that boat costs, but 70k at 15 years at 7% interest will cost you 44K on top of principle. So 114K total.

KSmith
06-08-2011, 06:20 AM
15 years???????????????????? F no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO, pretty much my exact words ;-)

Good work guys in talking him down from the ledge, a life has been saved!

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys...

cpatten
06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Glad to here you are sticking with your moomba, I was enamored with Malibu and Master Craft before I bought my Moomba, I rode behind the Malibu VTX and then MY LSV. I actually liked the LSV better and Saving $30K was a good bounus too!:D

moombadaze
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Gottop, as for the graphics-I would not wait till winter. Park that boat in the summer sun one day and start peeling, wait till its cold out and your going to have a tuff time. Strip it nekked :D

LSV has been one of the best selling V-drives(all makes) for a reason-Damm good boat that does lots without busting the bank for the next 15yrs

Gottop69
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Gottop, as for the graphics-I would not wait till winter. Park that boat in the summer sun one day and start peeling, wait till its cold out and your going to have a tuff time. Strip it nekked :D

LSV has been one of the best selling V-drives(all makes) for a reason-Damm good boat that does lots without busting the bank for the next 15yrs

Do I use regular adhesive remover then wax like a car or truck