PDA

View Full Version : Surf Wave behind the old '99 OB

Waynes345
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
This is about as good of a wave as we can get behind our '99 Outback. Lots of playing around with position and weight. We've got 800 across the back, 600 on the surf side next to the doghouse and another 200 in the surf corner. I stand up in front of the pylon and it cleans the wave up. Kids are having a riot. I've got a little more room back there when I surf as well. Love this sport.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
What a pocket Wayne! Much better than what I am working with quite honestly.

deerfield
06-06-2011, 11:08 PM
This is about as good of a wave as we can get behind our '99 Outback. Lots of playing around with position and weight. We've got 800 across the back, 600 on the surf side next to the doghouse and another 200 in the surf corner. I stand up in front of the pylon and it cleans the wave up. Kids are having a riot. I've got a little more room back there when I surf as well. Love this sport.

Waynes345 - Way to go! - Deerfield

Waynes345
06-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Deerfield - There is a really nice Wakesetter on ACL that is the only other boat out there surfing. We're aren't too far from them with the wave. Theirs is definitely longer, but not much taller. Now if I can just keep from swamping... No wake plate and no PP. I've found the best speed for us is just under 10 on the Garmin.

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
That thing is looking dang good.

viking
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Damn - that's a nice wake for a DD

psycho-heico
06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
how bad and often are you swamping the boat with that weight, would love to see a pic of the rub rail with your set up full...I have an '07 outback that I am still figuring out the right weight with...

Waynes345
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM
how bad and often are you swamping the boat with that weight, would love to see a pic of the rub rail with your set up full...I have an '07 outback that I am still figuring out the right weight with...

I was joking about swamping, but do take one over the back on occasion. When the water is calm, I can pretty much stay dry, but when there are other boats out that are not cooperating and I have to get back to my rider, we'll ship some water. If it gets bad, I use one of the pumps in addition to the bilge and dump it back over the side. When I have it weighed down the way I want it, the rub rail is in the water and when we are under way pulling a wave, the water will be running over the top edge almost to the anchor light socket. Freaks my wife out, but we've been doing this for a couple years and are still floating. I'll see if I have a pic of the water at the side, but am by myself at the lake this weekend and won't be bagging up.

I have to twist arms these days to get somebody to ski with me. All they want to do is surf and I can't blame them, it's a blast. My son and daughter are both ripping it up and pulling 360's as well. Her is a pic of my son missing his. Good action shot.

kaneboats
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Missed it by THAT much!

rc5695
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Great shot of the fall! lol.