PDA

View Full Version : bad to worse...

matt75
06-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Ran up on sandbar going 8mph 2 weekends ago. Called Nettle Props, got the new on installed and went out Sunday for a test and do some boarding. at about 10mph after pulling out I started to feel the boat vibrations. :mad:

Took it into dealer and I just got word that the shaft was so bent the dial indicator won't measure it. Shaft, strut, and prop all gone...

I'm probably going to be claiming this on insurance. Just hoping to have it back in the water in 2 weeks.

It was torture on Sunday seeing this and not being able to ride.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/mk41878/IMG-20110605-00016.jpg

deerfield
06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
matt - Sorry about the drive line damage. Hope it's covered by insurance and you are back on the water soon. - Deerfield

rdlangston13
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Ran up on sandbar going 8mph 2 weekends ago. Called Nettle Props, got the new on installed and went out Sunday for a test and do some boarding. at about 10mph after pulling out I started to feel the boat vibrations. :mad:

Took it into dealer and I just got word that the shaft was so bent the dial indicator won't measure it. Shaft, strut, and prop all gone...

I'm probably going to be claiming this on insurance. Just hoping to have it back in the water in 2 weeks.

It was torture on Sunday seeing this and not being able to ride.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g156/mk41878/IMG-20110605-00016.jpg

where do you ride at?

matt75
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
the sandbar was at somerville. the pic was early in the morning at Scotts ridge, conroe. I had to stay close to home that day because of the chance of getting called in to work.

David- I'm all about Trinity once this thing gets fixed. The lack of rain and cost of all this makes me think twice about some of the lakes around here.

csm
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Where is Scott's Ridge? That's gotta be on the north side of Conroe back in the coves. Assuming that's the national forest on the left, is that back around near that public boat launch?

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
That's why you buy insurance, right? To an insurer a small (what, $2000-2500?) property damage only claim is not a big deal. It's also not really an "at fault" because a submerged object is kind of like a trap-- anyone can fall in it.

When I did this last year I saw it as an opportunity to get a backup prop. I got a new one through the claim and then sent the old one in to be fixed. I know it was tough missing that water but you are going to see a lot more good water soon.

csm
06-07-2011, 10:25 AM
... but you are going to see a lot more good water soon.

Maybe.... I think it's rained here once in the last 4 months. I'm scared to take my boat out anywhere right now.

matt75
06-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Where is Scott's Ridge? That's gotta be on the north side of Conroe back in the coves. Assuming that's the national forest on the left, is that back around near that public boat launch?

Correct. I go up 149 and then make a left on 1097. You gotta get there early as the only riding spot is inbetween a party cove and the main lake. Gets really crowded sometimes starting after 12pm.

matt75
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
That's why you buy insurance, right? To an insurer a small (what, $2000-2500?) property damage only claim is not a big deal. It's also not really an "at fault" because a submerged object is kind of like a trap-- anyone can fall in it.

When I did this last year I saw it as an opportunity to get a backup prop. I got a new one through the claim and then sent the old one in to be fixed. I know it was tough missing that water but you are going to see a lot more good water soon.

I just hope I'm back in the water in 2 weeks. I thought the same thing on prop. I purchased one already thinking it was the only thing that was wrong. I'm going to take the bad prop and put it back on the boat and keep the one I purchased as a spare. Should get another new one with claim.