PDA

View Full Version : Trouble priming Drain pumps

mnpracing
06-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I replaced my Rule 700 drain pumps on the rear bags because both quit sometime last season (one wasn't working when I bought the boat and the other quit towards the end of the season). I replaced them with Tsunami T800's (mounted in the stock positions), but I've been having trouble getting them primed, or that's my assumption. When the bags are full (750's) and I kick the drain pumps on, I can hear them, but barely a trickle comes out. What I do is turn them to FILL, and wait until water starts coming out the drain tube, then kick them back to EMPTY and then they work just fine. With the Rule pumps I never had this issue and the center bag Rule drain pump continues to work just fine. It's a pain because sometimes I fill the bags partially, but then they won't drain at all.

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
That sounds absolutely ridiculous. With a full or even a partially full bag putting line pressure on them they should prime very easily. Are you sure they are low enough? I'm wondering if you are just getting some kind of airlock in them or something. Maybe try getting them started/primed as soon as the bags are filled so they are ready to go when it's time to empty.

JesseC
06-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I get this problem every now and then with my rule pumps. Sometimes it helps to kick them on and then drive forwards the water will slosh to the back and it usually does the trick.