PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Moomba outback

jsandy
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Ok so little about me. I have a 1991 supra sunsport that i have almost completely rebuilt and love, but someone offered me ALOT of money for it yesterday and now i'm thinking of letting it go. So i have another oppertunity to buy a 1997 moomba outback for less than 4000. I'm a regular on the supra forum and know that yall know more than me about the Outback. It is currently at our shop (I work at Skiers Marine North and we are a Supra and Moomba dealership) So how does this boat do as a budget wakeboard boat? What areas should i look hard at and is there any wood in the boat?
http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww16/thetoystore/supra15.jpg
picture of my sunsport. and my drunk buddy

futuredeadguy
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
There's something to be said for that old classic design. I miss the old flat windshield panels. I grew up on a '78 Ski Nautique, so that's where it comes from. Not to say I don't like the new stuff, but the classics appeal to a lot of us old guys out there. That's probably what generated the really good offer you received.

Nobody can really decide for you. If it was my boat and everything works, I'd keep it.

Jim

zabooda
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Less than $4K is great for any boat. Go for it. I don't wakeboard but others say my 98 does OK and if you added ballast it would be even better. It has low freeboard so there is limitations to the weight added.

jsandy
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Yea i love my boat and everything works fine on it. altho there is about another grand of stuff i'd like to do (board racks,paint more of it, new exhoust). so does the 97 have any wood in it? and its the mercicruiser chevy, how is that?

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I'd say do it and keep on going. You can get close to 10k for the Outback when you are done with it then look for an LSV project and keep on going. Good luck! Love the Supra though. That's what I set out to buy when I started looking for an inboard and ended up with a 2000 Outback. The rest is history.

jsandy
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
anybody have pictures of the wake? or experiance behind it?
also its the volvo/penta 350. what are the pros and cons of this?