PDA

View Full Version : Triple X Surfboards

FamilyMatters
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I have a DD am 185 Pounds and am new to wake surfing. I' pretty proficient at wakeboarding and Slalom Skiing. Is the Triple X 58" a good board for this application??

Peace
Darren

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I have a TripleX 58" board. I'm about 225 right now and it's plenty of board. It's faster than my Broadcast even though it seems a little smaller. It is definitely lighter and much slicker-- it takes a little work to get used to it but it sure is fun! My brother who is about 235 rode it on Sat. and loved it too. I have an LSV with a 750 sac in the corner but I used to surf the Broadcast behind my DD Outback. This board is one of the best values out there if you are looking to go kind of cheap. I wanted to end up with a beginner board (Broadcast), a budget nicer board (TripleX) and a high end board. I don't have the last one yet but it will be a LakeWakes board when I do.

rc5695
06-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I bought a TripleX after Christmas and just tried it out for the first time this weeeknd. First time surfing though too. As an avid wakeboarder, I found it very easy to get up on and mess around on while holding the rope. The board seems very well built. I can't say much about how it surfs, since I'm so new, but it seems to me like it'll serve me well for a very long time. I can't wait to get back on the water and try it again. Most all my issues were trying to get the wake set right... I was never able to throw the rope aside, but was able to keep it slack for a few seconds a couple times. Very cool! My 14 year old enjoyed it as well.

rc5695
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Oh, I"m ~190 lbs.

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
It is plenty of board for you. It's not the perfect beginner board though because it is a little "slippery" and only has the single tiny fin. I am thinking about changing to a longer fin just to see if it feels different. It is fun though.

moombadaze
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I was never able to throw the rope aside, but was able to keep it slack for a few seconds a couple times. .

Dont bother tossing the rope till you can slack surf for over a minute-its just not worth the falling, boat turning around, starting back up :D. your driver will be mutch happier

bergermaister
06-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I am thinking about changing to a longer fin just to see if it feels different. I was wondering if a longer fin would make it more beginner friendly too? And if it's a simple unbolt, find longer fin, bolt back on deal. I've been watching the TripleX boards on eBay on and off for some time but haven't bid yet.

rc5695
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I picked up a blem for $200 shipped! Only blem I can see on it is the pencil writing of hte size on the of the board under the coating...big deal!?!

Again, this was my first time surfing, but it didn't feel slippery to me at all...

thanks for the tip on not pitching the rope!!! I'll keep that in mind for sure.

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Wait till you start cruising up and down the wake and the back end slides down about 2 feet in a quarter of a second. Whoo whoo whoop! It is a fun board. I got mine for around $140 a few days after Christmas when no one was looking. I am VERY happy with it.

FamilyMatters
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I fooled around and missed that one on Ebay but all the info will have me ready to jump on the next one!

Peace
Darren