PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Bag filling w/ switch off

hphp77
06-06-2011, 08:53 AM
2006 XLV GG – My ballast bag is filling and the switch is in the off position. Any help???

newty
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Take the solenoid out by spinning the union off and taking the hose off. Then remove the 6 screws and carefully pull the solenoid apart. There is a spring and diaphram that tends to get algea and gunk built up in there. Take a toothbrush and some simple green and clean it out. I find I have to do this once a year to keep them functioning properly.
Easy job, part go back together really easy and its pretty self explanitory.

Hope that helps.

langmotorsports
06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
First day out in my new 05 lsv and mine did the same.......was going to open the sides to see how fast they would fill and when i did .........they were full and wouldnt empty. Ends up the detail shop i had clean the boat put them in upside down so i rolled them and they emptied BUT still filled on there own.............found two tiny switches on my rear pumps and flipped them......seemed to do the trick.

hphp77
06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for all your help!

moombabound
06-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Solenoid switches operate opposite of what the manual describes / arrows on the solenoid indicate.
Placed in the down/on position; bag will auto-fill.
Placed in the up/off position; normal operations.

Seems I'm a slow learner, or maybe its the 8-9 month off season up here, but after my ski yesterday the bag was full. When prepping it for water, I followed the instructions the dealer affixed to my wheel post-winter-service. Got burned same way last year. Duh. I've now created my own prep list.