PDA

View Full Version : bringing her out of hibernation

bama3300
03-13-2005, 11:38 PM
its about that time here in tuscaloosa, the suns shining longer and the weather's warming up. planning on going to the beach, an unfortunate car accident drained the bank account, so planning on spending spring break here in town on good ole lake tuscaloosa (open invite for any local people wanting to get in the water, march 28-apr 3)
anyway, going to have the boat prepped for action again, de-winterizing or whatever, guy at the dry dock said there was a little mildew on the seats....
what products do you guys recomend for cleaning/protecting? thinking about using the 303 line of products.
also, was planning on putting some heavy wax jobs on it over the weekend before putting it in the water, but ran acroos poliglow, www.myboatstore.com, and was wondering who else has tried this and if it is a better alternative than waxing.
any feedback would be much appreciated.

matt
tuscaloosa, al

Buttafewcoe
03-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I rolled 'Stray Cat' out yesterday. Put the drain plugs back in, tightened up the altenator belt. I took it down to the lake and floated around while i cleaned some on the interior and windows. I actually got a bit of a sunburn. Ahhhh, cold beer and hot sun.
When I got back, I still needed to drain the block and manifolds, as we might still get pretty chilly at night, but for the most part, the trees are budding and flowers blooming.
Last October seems so long ago, and next October so far away. It promises to be a long hot summer.:p

ibboat75
04-01-2005, 01:52 AM
hey bama i am gonna try a produt called REJEX. i got it at a motorcycle dealership in decatur,al. i use it used it on my bike and MAN. a damp cloth takes off any bugs, road grime or brake dust. it is one of those polymer based products?? gotta leave it on overnight before using.
cb 75

sextons
04-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Stop teasing with all the warm weather stories, I went down to the lake last night and could still walk around on the ice. On the way back I did find a few spots near our dock where I could actually see water so hopefully ice-out is right around the corner. I did see some people wakeboarding last night on the Mississippi......