PDA

View Full Version : Can't Find Fuel Filter

KCMobius
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV I have looked everywhere and can't find the fuel filter. I find what appears to be a fuel pump (has 2 wires going to it)

KCMobius
06-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I wanted to add more info. Please excuse me as Iam new at this!

It is a Indmar Assault EFI. I followed the 2 fuel lines (rubber) going from the fuel tank to this fuel pump( one with 2 wires). And no inline filter like I expected.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

deepcove
06-05-2011, 07:33 PM
You may not have a fuel filter. My 2004 LS did not have one. If this is the case it is very simple to put an inline filter in your exisiting fuel line.

csm
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
If you have one, it should be kind of between the v-drive compartment and the engine. If you're facing the rear of the boat it will be held by a bracket to the left side wall of the v-drive. I had to remove the filter for my ballast system in order to get to it since it's in such a tough spot to reach

DOCDRS
06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Mine is set up a little different. I have my fuel line going to a low pressure pump then. Looping back forward to my fuel filter then back to the engine and the high pressure pump. I think

KCMobius
06-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow,

I just bought this boat and had some issues with stalling acted like a fuel filter issue. But now I really think there is no filter. I cannot beleive they don't put some type of filter in-line. Now with Ethanol, it is going to ruin the pump and cost more $$. If and when I need to repalce the pump I will add a filter.

Anyone else with a 2004 LSV have no Filter??

Thanks to all of you and your replies. This is a great format to troubleshoot!!

deepcove
06-06-2011, 01:05 AM
I had a similar situation which is how I realized I did not have a fuel filter. There is a little screen on the intake side of your fuel pump. it will get clogged up easily without a fuel filter. You need to remove the pump to dig out the screen which looks like a little thimbal once it is removed. I dug mine out gently with a small screw driver.....and it was full of crap......which was causing my boat to bog down under load. Once I cleaned this out I added an in line fuel filter that gets replaced every 100 hrs.

KCMobius
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks Deepcove!

That souds like a good plan!

tomcat22
06-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah my 2004 supra didnt have a fuel filter on it as well. I just install a inline filter. My is doing the same thing as deepcove it is stalling out under a load. Wish i would have known about the fuel pump screen a litte earlier i just carried mine to the shop. I will bring this to there attention though.