PDA

View Full Version : Water pump discharge

langmotorsports
06-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Im a newbie to inboard boats and have always run outboards where you could see the stream of water coming out after it cooled the engine...where is the discharge on an inboard? Is it a visible stream like an outboard?

JesseC
06-04-2011, 02:01 PM
All of the water is evacuated out of the exhaust. There is no "Stream" like an outboard or jet ski.

dru1974
06-04-2011, 02:08 PM
^^^^^^^^ thats kinda funny. Maby a mod a guy could make like a yamaha sea doo a huge stream flying out the back end to hit the rider. Not picking on ya it just struck me as funny.

langmotorsports
06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks!!! Appreciate the help!

rdlangston13
06-04-2011, 05:34 PM
^^^^^^^^ thats kinda funny. Maby a mod a guy could make like a yamaha sea doo a huge stream flying out the back end to hit the rider. Not picking on ya it just struck me as funny.

my dad has a new yamaha with that huge rooster tail and every time he pulls up to the boat and drives off it soaks the entire interior of the boat. i hate those rooster tails

Hoopskier
06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
my dad has a new yamaha with that huge rooster tail and every time he pulls up to the boat and drives off it soaks the entire interior of the boat. i hate those rooster tails

When I bought a jet ski prior to my boat, I bought a Seadoo for that exact reason, No water/visibility spout on the back (to rain on my tuber or skier), that is only found on yamaha. A side note, that water spout has nothing to do with the engine on a jetski, just a safety/visibility/trademark thing.

KSmith
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
When I bought a jet ski prior to my boat, I bought a Seadoo for that exact reason, No water/visibility spout on the back (to rain on my tuber or skier), that is only found on yamaha. A side note, that water spout has nothing to do with the engine on a jetski, just a safety/visibility/trademark thing.

Yup, it was the jet ski version of the flags on a long fiberglass pole on the 4 wheelers in the desert to make you more visible and try and keep another rider from flying over the dune and landing on you...

I can see the issue for a tuber behind one but I like them as the rooster tails really do help me notice the damn lake lice flying all over the place...

rdlangston13
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
so since it has nothing to do with the engine can we stick a plug in that thing?

KSmith
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
so since it has nothing to do with the engine can we stick a plug in that thing?

I haven't seen a new one and how it works, but if it was like an older one I saw then the rooster tail was non-mechanical and was just taken off the main output from the impeller pump. If it isn't a seperate pump in the new ones and the pressure isn't too great I would think it could be capped, really depends on how the new ones are engineered...