PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Bimini vs. Z5 Cargo Rack

millerda68
06-04-2011, 12:28 AM
New to the forum and we are picking up our new 2010 LSV tomorrow afternoon. Just got the call tonight that the Z5 they thought they had for the boat, they don't have, but they have 2 wakeboard racks and a bimini they can install.

I really had my heart set on the Z5. I like the clean looks, ability to store boards or the towable on the top vs. having the bimini boot there when the top is not in use.

Any advice from the veterans out there? Bimini or Z5?

Thanks in advance for any input.

kaneboats
06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Do not let them mess with you. You want the Z-5. Tell them they can do whatever they want but you will bring the boat back in to them for the Z-5 or a refund in 2 weeks (or whatever you need to say to make sure you get it).

moombahighrider
06-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Z5, Z5, Z5. Hold out for the Z5!!! It is one of the best features of my boat, IMO. Take advantage of the deal they can give you now, cause it will cost you an arm and a leg when you decide that you want it later, which you will.

Congratulations and welcome!

millerda68
06-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the fast replies! I know in my heart the Z5 is the way to go. Emailed the dealer tonight and told them not to bother scrambling around tomorrow to try to get a bimini installed. I don't like the looks of it and won't be happy in the long run. I have survived 30+ years of boating without a bimini, I can wait a couple more weeks to get the right one put on the boat.

wolfeman131
06-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Good man! Get what you want/paid for and hold out for the Z5. Don't let them install the OEM bimini as they, most likely, will have to drill into the tower to mount the brackets which will leave you with holes to fill once the Z5 goes on.

Make them give you a Moomba hat to cover your noggin' for the next few weeks until the Z5 arrives.

Welcome & congrats! Now, POST SOME PICS when you pick her up!

rdlangston13
06-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Anyone know what a replacement canvas for a Z5 goes for? Mine is wearing through on the top in a few places over the frame. I am guessing this is from towing with it of and having it vibrate? In any case I will probably have to replace it next year cause it is in pretty bad shape.

moombadaze
06-04-2011, 10:02 AM
That Z5 is one option the next boat will have.

Sea N' Things
06-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I vote Z5 all the way, if youo don't use it for boards you can but a tube up there while under way..

cab13367
06-04-2011, 10:54 AM
New to the forum and we are picking up our new 2010 LSV tomorrow afternoon. Just got the call tonight that the Z5 they thought they had for the boat, they don't have, but they have 2 wakeboard racks and a bimini they can install.

I really had my heart set on the Z5. I like the clean looks, ability to store boards or the towable on the top vs. having the bimini boot there when the top is not in use.

Any advice from the veterans out there? Bimini or Z5?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Don't let them substitute a bimini and 2 wakeboard racks for a Z5. The Z5 is worth a whole lot more and looks 100 times better than the bimini.

newty
06-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Yup... do the Z-5. Bimini and racks are not worth it.
If your buying a new boat from Active there is no reason they couldn't get you the bimini. Don't let them give you the run-around. Get the Z-5, you'll alway wish you had if you don't.

millerda68
06-05-2011, 12:07 AM
2010 LSV picked up this afternoon, SO excited. The Z5 is on order and just will be waiting for it to come in. Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated.

moombadaze
06-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Good news, have you posted a photo of the new ride ?

newty
06-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Congrats on the new ride! Where in OR are you?

mmandley
06-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forums and congats on the new boat. If its the one im thinking of heres a pic of it lol.

I have been in this boat a couple times and have several pics of it. Al i know has been in this boat as well, Ryan i would suspect you have but not positive.

This is the boat that was on the back wall of the 09 Evening with the Stars and we were looking threw it at all the 2010 changes.

Ryan is has the Fossil color like yours and the top coat of mine.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu114/mmandley/2010Moomba.jpg

newty
06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm seeing this boat nekked with tinted windows in this guys future!:p

newty
06-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok so its a work in progress... But its a good start.
The graphics look pretty good on that.

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow! I really like that boat.

mmandley
06-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Ok so its a work in progress... But its a good start.
The graphics look pretty good on that.

Yea i think it needs something on the side.

This is the 4th child to the trio we have with mine, yours and your other buddy. We got to plan a trip to the lake this year with all three and possible 4 lol.

millerda68
06-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Yes, that is the boat from AWS. I have a couple pics in an album I set up. Just hoping for some sunny days soon so we can add some family pics to the mix.

Coming mods - Z5 this year, off season will likely bring window tint and the wife has spotted a Sea Deck swim platform top she wants. Been reading through the mod posts and looking for stuff to keep me busy during the cold and rainy months.

Newty - We are in Hillsboro. Typically have used Hagg Lake since it is close by, but looking to expand to other locations this year.

Again - thanks all for the comments
~Derek & Poppy

mmandley
06-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Nice nice I'm right around the corner from you as well as Al Cab if you got question or need help with anything let me know. I have modified and upgraded tons of things on my LSV. Al Cab and Newty are also excellent local guys.