PDA

View Full Version : Sticky suggestion

langmotorsports
06-03-2011, 11:33 PM
I have a suggestion.......how about a sticky from all of you experienced Moomba owners with anything you feel us newbies might find helpful.....no matter how big or small it will be incredibly helpful. From ballast pumps to more stereo wires than most of us have ever seen its overwhelming!!! Thanks to everyone on here for the help your willing to give........its much appreciated!!

kaneboats
06-04-2011, 12:30 AM
My sticky would say post up your boat model and year first and then your location. So much of the advice is model and year specific and even specific to climate and location that I'd start there. Then I'd say let us know where and how you use your boat. Ballast info is great but if you surf and don't wakeboard half of it can be a waste of time. In other words, let us know who you are, where you ride and what you do first and we can help you a lot more.

Second, I'd say start with the easy stuff first. Trailering, storage, maintenance, care, etc. keeps you on the water. Learn to do your regular maintenance first. Then start worrying about modifications.

Third, when you start to think about modding your boat, don't fall in love with what some other guy did unless it suits your use of your own boat. Look at your typical use and ask if the modification will make your boat better for you and what you do with it. If so, then look at your ability, the cost, etc. and rank the importance compared to other modifications.

If you think this stuff through and ask a lot of questions you will head yourself down the right path for you with each thing. There are lots of experts on here. The greatest thing about this site is that the more involved and expensive a process is for you the more help and direction you can get with it. We are committed to helping each other so we urge you to take advantage of the goodwill of your fellow Moomba owners.

Good luck to you and others who read this. No worries, right?

jpetty3023
06-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Your right Kane, no worries!! I can't wait to see your post change over to 6,000. That's gotta be the high number yeah

Mikey
06-04-2011, 05:03 PM
I think Kane summed it up very well.

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Your right Kane, no worries!! I can't wait to see your post change over to 6,000.

Anybody know what the heck he's talking about??????

moombadaze
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
post count--your at 6000 now

kaneboats
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
No, I'm not. :D

mmandley
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
what's the terminology? Something that sounds like "Post Door"?

I bet if you didnt delete all those old threads Ed you would be well over 10K lol. Ive seen you hit 3K a few times and drop back to 1100 LOL.

Preach on Brother Kane lay it down on me Amen brother LOL.

jpetty3023
06-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Kane, I think ur my favorite virtual buddy. You always have something interesting to say and never seems to be a dull moment with you! Right, wrong, or indifferent, I usually chuckle when I get my read on! If I ever come to FL I will have to look ya up and buy ya a cold one.

Thanks Moomba for clarifiying my post to Kane about his "post count" going over 6k.. And of course EdG, you gotta be the KING moomba maniac....:cool:

kaneboats
06-07-2011, 11:03 AM
It doesn't show up now but my post asking what you were talking about was #6000. Just having fun. :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the compliments. I don't accept a cold one from just anyone but I think I'd let you buy just the one.

jpetty3023
06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I read between the lines Kane!!

WaterBullDawg1980
06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
How about a sticky for shopping deals from non affiliated members only?