PDA

View Full Version : Frost tonight and lake tomorrow **CRAZY**

Grant M
06-03-2011, 09:53 AM
There is a risk of frost tonight and SNOW about 4-5 hrs North and we're heading to the lake tomorrow. Last week the water temp was 54 degrees when we were out! You don't have to be crazy to do this but it helps.... :rolleyes:

iwaterskihard
06-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I want to be in the water everyday this weekend starting today about 3:00. Terrible forcast :confused: What lake are you heading too?

Grant M
06-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Not too sure yet but it will either be west to Wabumum, or North to Long Lake. Are you going to Wizard?

iwaterskihard
06-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Might go to Wizard tonight but not on the weekend. Too many idiots out there on Sat & Sun's. Coal Lake is 5 mins from my house and is waaay up this year so we might take a couple rips out there or hook up the boat and head south to Gull Lake for an afternoon as it's only an hour away? Either way I'm looking forward to 22 off and 34 mph as much as I can this weekend?
Wife bought me some Lessons from Ken Nielson at Shalom and I want to be in ski shape before I go to maximize the benefits of some key pointers from Ken whne I'm out there.

Grant M
06-03-2011, 10:39 AM
What is Coal Lake like? I've just driven by it, never had a boat there.

Well I hope you find some calm water and go hard! :cool:

iwaterskihard
06-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Grant stupid question that I can't figure out for the life of me..............how do you post that pic of your boat by your user name?

Grant M
06-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Go to user CP and edit avatar, and then pick a picture from your files.
Hope this helps. :D

iwaterskihard
06-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks dude!

Coal Lake is usually only good the first part of the summer as weeds will get the north end late summer. One drawback is there is no dock at the launch. My boat never touches shore so someone has to hold it while we load everyone in it and they also have to get out to hold it while we retrieve the truck.
The lake itself is just fine. Similar to Wicard in the sense that it's long and narrow. However it sits low in that valley so calm water can usually be found?