PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Not Working

ducatichris
06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Anyone else have this issue of stereo not turning on after winterization/storage.

Had boat winterized and stored inside and just had the summerization done a few weeks ago.
(during the summerization process the dealer called and said there is no sound to the stereo and it will be 100 for them to diagnose it - and I said don't worry about it I'll address it myself)

Boat has been in my Driveway since then with the snap covers on.

Doing yard work about two weeks ago I took rear cover off to let carpet dry out from some rain moisture (that seems to always get in the boat) and turned the radio on and it worked just fine.

Since then we have had some rain and just tried to turn the radio on again to do some more yard work on Memorial day and nothing, the head unit doesn't turn on with the stereo switch on drivers panel!!!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Chris

mmandley
06-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Does the dash switch light up? Other wise sounds like a loose connection under the deck where its wired. Wires will tend to shrink when there cold, and if you have condesation it could be part of the problem. I would get up under there and check all the connections. To me sounds like a loose wire.

ducatichris
06-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Light on the switch does turn on (forgot to put that in my narrative).

There is a small amount of water pooled in the bottom of the boat when you open up the seat door to where the battery is.

Is that common to have standing water there? I'm assuming from the Rain somehow getting in.

Also forgot to put that I installed the Kenwood iPod stereo adapter and had the module secured underneath the battery box housing strap.
When I looked under to investigate (didn't spend much time there poking around since I was cutting the grass) the module box was partially sitting in the water puddle. (Thanks Dealership for putting stuff back where you found it) :mad: So that is now shot I'm sure.

Thanks for responding.

Chris

mmandley
06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
I wouldnt say its shot youd be surprised how much water can get on stereo gear and not effect it.

Find that water leak, you shouldnt have standing water in the carpeted area of the boat.

Next let everything dry out.

Lastly make sure no electrical wires are crimped or laying under heavy items that can crush them.

I have a feeling its just a lot of moisture causing the problems.