PDA

View Full Version : New boat timeline

Moomba4me
03-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I bought my Moomba xlv at the Seattle boat show late January. I was just told that it will be in Seattle March 25th. How long before I can expect a call saying to come get the boat? There are a few options like tower speakers, amp, woofer, xtra battery, perfect pass, wakeboard racks, etc.

First time Moomba owner, curious about what to expect.

Are Skiers Choice pretty good about keeping their timeline accurate?

Wake Master
03-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I got my boat last year 1 week before the date they promised me. I think a lot depends on your dealer.

Moomba4me
03-12-2005, 12:05 PM
What kind of boat did you get? I have never skied or wakeboarded behind a Moomba and am curious as to what to expect?

Wake Master
03-12-2005, 08:30 PM
I got a Mobius LSV 340 HP, Bertha 3 bag balast. Ran great I put 135 hours on it last summer. Has a nice wake when you use the wakeplate.

Bagboy
03-12-2005, 08:44 PM
M...4me-
We're in the Seattle area too and ordered our Mobius LS in Nov and got it in Jan (about
2 weeks early) Probably will be a bigger backlog in production if was ordered in Jan tho'.
But what the heck- the water won't warm up before the end of March anyway! Good Luck!

Moomba4me
03-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Can't wait to try out the wakeplate at our local "sweet spot", but will probably do a run in Seattle before bringing it home. Where is a good spot to run the boat? Once boat is behind rig, water temp no longer an issue, at least not THIS year!

Hey, when your boat was finished what kind of free stuff were you able to get? What dealer were you dealing with? Gonnason???

Also, was anyone able to get pictures of the boat during production?

Thanks

Bagboy
03-13-2005, 01:55 AM
If you want to drop your boat in Lake Washington there are a couple good ramps. One is at Coulon Park (near Boeing in Renton). Another is up north at Magnuson Park (Sand Point). Both have nice wide ramps, good docks and plenty of parking (well at least for this time of year!)
Yah, I did get my boat from Gonnasons. They were great thru the transaction and delivery. I'm hoping that once I finally do drop the thing in the water I WON'T be on a first name basis with the guys in the shop!
After I had the boat a few weeks SC sent a questionaire, that if you fill it out and send it back they'll send you some goodies for your time. From a thread I read somewhere I think its stuff like beer cozies, and key chains etc.

Moomba4me
03-13-2005, 03:33 PM
B-boy,
What do you mean by first name basis, are you having mechanical issues with the boat? Thx for the ramp locations, and why aren't you in the water?

Bagboy
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
No, I only meant that I hope not to be in the shop so often to really get to know the guys. We actually keep our boat in E. WA. and haven't been able to get over there much yet this spring. We're planning a "Break-in Party" on Easter weekend so that we all can help start to break in the boat. That way one or two people don't get stuck with all the monotony (sp?) of breaking it in. Hows that for an excuse for a party!!

Moomba4me
03-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Whatever excuse works! I wish I had my boat to break in this Easter, a whole week to play and no boat to play in. Let me know how it goes. And, have fun for all us still waiting!!!!!!!!!

dmgx
03-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi Moomba4me. The boats should be on schedule for March 25th Gonnason's boats are coming through the production line right now. I would give them a week to get preped and have a proper PDI. (pre delivery inspection). Best regards, and enjoy your new boat. Jay Warren

Moomba4me
03-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey Jay!
Thanks for the great pics of our boat. Glad you could get them in time. I am going to post them as soon as I figure out how to. Can't stop looking at the photos. Good rush.