PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM Sat radio

jpetty3023
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
A very quick, but dumb question I'm sure, here it goes. My 09 Mobius LSV came with a ken wood deck that advertises satellite ready. I have Sirius XM subscription in Tahoe but can not seem to find radio ID for boat stereo to activate XM radio in boat. Don't have specifics on ken wood deck right now as my boat is in storage unit but I bought boat brand new with the factory ken wood head unit.

Any knowledge out there as to if I have to but some type of component to add to my head unit to get my XM radio to work in boat? Thanks in advance for the maniac help I hope to receive and sorry for posting a silly arse question

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I think that you do need to buy a few extras to make it work. I'm almost certain you have to add an antenna and I believe that you have to add a subscription for that radio.

jpetty3023
06-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I know about the subscription, it will be about 2.99 extra a month on my account for second unit but I can't seem to find the radio ID that is required to add the ken wood unit to my account. It's almost like I need something else to make it work. I get am/fm radio on it now so no problem with antenna there. Are you talking about a different type of antenna Than the am/fm wofleman?

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Yes, if I'm reading some other posts correctly, I think you need to add a receiver unit and antenna.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11088&highlight=satellite+radio

jpetty3023
06-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Ok thanks Drew