PDA

View Full Version : just great. torn seat. errrrrr

moombadaze
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Just noticed this weeked that I have a seat cover tearing. Its like one tear that is going thru the stitching-about a 1/2 long now.

Any ideas on the best way to repair short of replacement

hard to see as its the cell phone camera

dusty2221
06-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Get some Tear-Aid They make a version A and Version B, one is for vinyl. It hold amazing, and after it's on, you really don't even notice it!

moombadaze
06-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Where would I get this tear-aid from?? sounds just like just what Im looking for

dusty2221
06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.tear-aid.com/ is the website. I've seen in in Overtons, Barts, etc. I ordered a role once to repair a large inflatable water slide, and since then, they send me the same "info" packet about 3 times a year. Each time it has a sample in it. I would send you one, but I don't have the Vinyl type, I've handed them out to people, or used them myself.

Just to be sure though, I will double check the top of the toolbox tonight.

edit-click on die cut patches on the link, the small one is the sample they send, looks like you can now get them by the piece vs a huge roll, that's nice!!!

langmotorsports
06-02-2011, 11:52 AM
If that doesnt work I would take it to a local upholstery place right away and see what they can do. Bring them the entire cushion. They will be able to tell you right away what they can do

kaneboats
06-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Looks like they have it at West Marine and a bunch of other places too.

maxpower220
06-04-2011, 07:17 AM
A new boat will fix that. New boats don't have pesky issues like that. You should get a new boat.

moombadaze
06-08-2011, 08:14 AM
A new boat will fix that. New boats don't have pesky issues like that. You should get a new boat.

Now this is funny. Was off work yesterday and took a sample of pool water in to check the chemicals and they had the tear aid so I bought it and had the seat cushion sitting on the kitchen table when L got home. Showed her the patch job which really is almost invisible from about 2 feet away, but did notice that under the piping on that seat there's a section about 2 inchs long when the material must have been cut real short as its got exposed foam if you push down slightly. So I make the comment lets get a new one(boat) and low and behold the answer was "ok"-she rolled her eyes at me at the same time so Im thinking I have the ok right?

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I think the eye roll trumps the "OK". At least at my house it does.

dusty2221
06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I think the eye roll reinforces the ok.

E4NASH
06-08-2011, 10:56 AM
It's all a matter of whether you "saw" the eyeroll or not...you heard the "ok" but did you REALLY see the eye roll?? :D

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 11:01 AM
That defense will absolutely not work. They have a sneaky way of making eye contact with you before the eye roll. You will never be able to claim you did not see the eye roll. Maybe if it was at night and the power went out or something-- but other than that you have no chance.

jamie_abb
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
New Boat / Old Boat
Pay me now / pay me later
Fixed Costs / Lumpy Costs

Stay with what you got!

moombadaze
06-08-2011, 01:17 PM
So I should cancel the appointment at the dealer to go over trade in?

kaneboats
06-08-2011, 01:31 PM
No, go in and make the deal (eye roll)! :rolleyes: