PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sac Bricks

lsvboombox
06-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Does anybody keep the Fat Sac bricks on there boat? I have a 2010 lsv with 1000 pounders in the rear and the bow sac up front.. I ride with the ride side 1000 pounder full and the the bow and ski locker full wake plate up 3/4 of the way... a lot of the time its myself , brother and nephew.. while its a good wake it gets so much better when the wifes come, etc...

I was thinking of picking up a few of these to fill in the empty seats on the ride side when its just a couple of us on board...

Inliner
06-02-2011, 07:09 AM
I use a Fat Sac brick to offset uneven human weight. Mostly when wake skating. If I have a driver and two riders on the spotter's seat I use the brick behind the driver otherwise I get a wash on the wake on one side. I don't use it at all when surfing.

KSmith
06-02-2011, 07:25 AM
I don't currently but I have been thinking about it for the reasons mentioned above, add some weight when it is just the wife and I when surfing and also to balance the boat a bit if needed for boarding...

I have also been thinking about a set of Lenco trim tabs similar to the MC tabs. I suspect those could be used rather than bricks for the same reasons above, add some lean for surfing and balance out the boat some for boarding... It'd sure be nice to be able to add a bit of lean or balance with the flip of a switch or two...

But alas, I think I have pretty much tapped out the 3M (Moomba Mod Money) account for the year so neither are likely this year.

I do have some old Straight Line bags of various sizes I may dust off and see about using for the time being and to see if the bricks and new fat sac pumps would be worth while...

lsvboombox
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
i guess i should have never sold my 400 pound vdrive sacs. after speaking with jason i just ordered 2 more vdrive sacs.. just about double the weight for 2/3 the cost(versus 3 bricks)...

guinsha54
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I currently have two of the older launch pad bricks and love being able to move them around when needed since most of the time we only ride with three people. I actually got them when we had our old Master craft stars and bars that was extremely sensitive to any unbalanced weight.

However, At just 75 to 85 lb a piece they help but don’t make a huge difference when surfing. So we fill up our two old 250 lb factory sacs, I think that’s their weight, to form an L shape on the surf side corner seats.

Inliner
06-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Gordon White!

You here to stay or just passin' thru again?

Still got that blue 03?

I thought you had moved to Mt Dora.

I am not quite sure what where I live has to do with anything.

brenpire
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Does anybody keep the Fat Sac bricks on there boat? I have a 2010 lsv with 1000 pounders in the rear and the bow sac up front.. I ride with the ride side 1000 pounder full and the the bow and ski locker full wake plate up 3/4 of the way... a lot of the time its myself , brother and nephew.. while its a good wake it gets so much better when the wifes come, etc...

I was thinking of picking up a few of these to fill in the empty seats on the ride side when its just a couple of us on board...

I have 2 Bricks and use them all the time. Generally I keep them up front in-between the front seats. (I find my LSV likes weight in the front) When I need to move some weight around I just move a brick to either one of the front seats. Works great.