PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for first time behind Lsv wake

wakbrdfreak19
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I live in michigan and it is like 20 degress out with snow flurries. My brother just bought a mobius lsv at the boat show. I've been boarding for three years but behind boats that throw almost no wake compared to this one. For some reason it seems that it is taking longer for summer to come because he bought this boat. He had a inboard outboard thompson and the wake was tiny. Can't wait to hit that wake. Any one out there who can give me some advice on how to make the best and biggest wake? Is it best to fill the ballasts full, half full. Is it best to leave the wakeplate down, up. Anyfeed back would be great. His boat is bright red and I am totally pumped, can't wait for summer

jburnside
03-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Wakbrdfreak19,
Where in Michigan do you live? I'm also in Michigan and have an '05 LSV on order (brittany Blue). We currently have an '03 Outback LS and the guys at Club Royale in Waterford sold it for us. From what I know about weighting the LSV you should have the 3 bag ballast system and fill all of them completely full. Then you will need to play with the wakeplate position based on how fast you're riding and how you like the lip of the wake. Wakeboard magazine just had a good pictorial of what a washed out wake looks like compared to one that is not washed out. Check that out and do a search on www.wakeboarder.com for threads relating to the LSV. You will no doubt find a bunch of stuff. I've read that the boat can really throw a monstrous wake with additional weight added. Just be careful. Good luck, maybe we'll see you around!

wakbrdfreak19
03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
i live in grand rapids, i get wakeboard magazine and I think I read that. thanks, where do you usually ride

jburnside
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
We ride all over the Metro Detroit area but spend most of our time at either Belville Lake just past Metro airport or on a chain of lakes southeast of Brighton. The big lake on that chain is Portage Lake. We also get out to the Irish Hills area and up north to Higgins Lake a few times each summer. Do you guys ever hit any lakes near us?

sailnfast
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm also in Michigan and keep my LSV on Coldwater Lake in the southern part of the state. We bought an '04 last fall and I haven't ridden behind it yet either. This miserable weather is killing me--there is still ice on the lake! Just curious what rope length you use while wakeboarding behind the LSV?

sailnfast
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm also in Michigan and keep my LSV on Coldwater Lake in the southern part of the state. We bought an '04 last fall and I haven't ridden behind it yet either. This miserable weather is killing me--there is still ice on the lake! Just curious what rope length you use while wakeboarding behind the LSV?

tygger6069
03-13-2005, 11:14 PM
michigan riders/skiers

Well guys at least you have water ( even though it is still frozen by the sound of your posts), we here in Easstern Washington are begining to wonder if we will have water to boat on. We have had the lowest snow fall that I can remember in about 20 years. Hope that is thaws for you soon so that you can enjoy all those neew toys. Just another thought as to the boats that have a couple of years or a couple of hundred hours on them, check those impellers, just fired up a friend's Supra with 196 hours on it. He had just bought it from the first owner and the impeller locked like an apple core. No damage done, but could have been bad if on the lake. Enjoy those boats and new toys with those boats.

jburnside
03-16-2005, 10:25 AM
tygger6069,
It seems like everyone west of the Rockies is in a drought. We have some friends that live in Colorado and they are saying the same thing about snowfall. I sure hope things improve for you guys so you can have a great summer. I have been complaining the last few summers about water levels in Michigan but we have nothing compared to you folks out west. When our lakes drop a few inches we all start whining, I can't imagine water levels being down multiple feet. I read or heard somewhere that Lake Powell was down like 40 feet? Good luck.

Wake Master
03-16-2005, 09:54 PM
sailnfast,
I also have a 04 Mobius LSV and keep my boat on Palmer Lake Colon, MI. about 20 miles east of Coldwater Lake. A standard line is 80' with three 5' take offs. We use the line at 65' and the handle adds 5'. This length seems to be perfect for hitting the wake at the sweet spot. Did you buy your boat at Brickyard in Coldwater?

sailnfast
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes, we bought the bought at Brickyard and had a really good experience thus far. How about you?

I was hoping to pick the bought up early April, but that's looking like a pipe dream with all the ice on the lake and cotinued cold weather in the forecast.

Wake Master
03-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Jim at Brickyard has been great. I was at the lake yeaterday and it is still frozen solid. Brought my boat into Brickyard for some minor warranty work yesterday. Didn't want to tie it up during the summer. Last year I picked up my boat the 3 week of April and had it in the water. This year looks like a late spring. Where is the warm weather?