PDA

View Full Version : New boat ordered-- Need Feedback

mobiusLSV05
03-08-2005, 09:32 PM
New boat is on the way--early April--can't wait. New to Moomba and to inboard boats, wanting to know any valuable info anyone can give me. How shallow is too shallow? Best wake thrown with alll ballasts full, 1/2 full-- what is ideal(3 to 5 people in boat at 1 time) Is the wake good for skiing also when empty--ordered wakeplate for raising back end up. Any feedback will be appreciated. Can't wait to get on the water-- probably looking at early May before it warms up in Michigan.

Jon
03-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Congrats on getting your new boat. You will love it. I'm guessing you got the Mobius LSV. I would try to stay away water under 4 foot deep although you can get a little more shallow. The stock ballast wake is nice. Did you get the 3 bag system? I would suggest putting 4 people in back and 1 in the front and run the wakeplate at about 3/4 up. The boat is awesome for skiing when ballast is empty and the wakeplate is almost all the way down.

mobiusLSV05
03-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes, it is a Mobius LSV--fully loaded,3 ballasts, wakeplate, factory speakers( how good are they) solid regal red on white. I,m a little nervous about the depth issue-- it has a depth finder(factory) but in the past on other boats when that goes off its too late. Does anybody know what the boat actually draws while idling and while in motion. Cops like red in Michigan-- hefty fines-- how big is the wake--2ft ? More or less? Will this be a gas guzzler, I got the 325hp. upgrade-- mid grade or all the way with premieum. Right now gas is 2.25/gallon and only will go up as better weather approaches.

Jon
03-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Sounds nice. The stock Kenwood speakers are good, not the best speaker out there though. You will be able to crank it up pretty loud and they will be clear. They are more than enough for me. Its hard to say about the wake as far as feet. It is a good size with a very nice shape. I love it. With stock ballast, you could probably go most of the day on a full tank of gas. The way I look at it, no wakeboard boat is nice on the gas but the LSV wil do pretty good. Good choice on the 325. I would just go mid grade gas. Why spend the extra when you don't have to, especially with prices like they are.

Moomba4me
03-12-2005, 12:46 PM
any new boat owners in Oregon/Cali/Wash area???? I will be getting my new Mobius XLV in 2-3 weeks, I hope, and looking for a sweet spot to do some skiing and wakeboarding. I have a couple of kids 9 and 14 anxious to LEARN both and could use some practice myself. I ordered the white/yellow fully loaded minus the extra ballast