PDA

View Full Version : Power wash vinyle?

jbheuerman
06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Has anyone ever took a power washer to the vinyle on the seats and inside the boat?? I've been trying to get the dirt and grime out of my seats, and I got it pretty good, however, I can't seem to get the way it use to look. I just used Vinyle Sauce, and it did a good job, but still not perfect.

If I power wash the seats, will it destroy the vinyle, or will it work?? Thanks for the help.

brain_rinse
06-01-2011, 10:33 AM
No power washing per mfg guidelines. You just need a good scrub brush.

tnbrooks01
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I use the Mr. Clean magic eraser. I have not found a product that works as good as this yet. BTW my vinyl is white with gray/red accents and it doesnt seem to be harming the vinyl in any way.

http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do

brain_rinse
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Magic eraser is an abrasive. It cleans great but erodes the uv topcoat of the vinyl at the same time.

VA LSV
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store and a soft scrub brush. Rinse with clean water and follow with 303. My vinyl looks brand new. I think Wally World also carries it now. Lots of talk about TA on WW.

kaneboats
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
If you powerwash anything with threads they will break down. I ruined a set of cheapo patio furniture doing this. It was clean but you couldn't sit in the seats anymore. If you use magic erasers you have to treat with 303 or some other UV treatment afterward.

Razzman
06-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Magic Eraser removes material, period! I've actually read of people using it on gelcoat! Want to ruin your boats material? Just use a magic eraser!

Malco Leather & Plastic Cleaner or Totally Awesome, both do a fantastic job of restoring the vinyl to new. Use a medium density brush such as a vegetable brush from the supermarket. Top with Babe's Seat Saver or 303 to keep the UV protection up.

jbheuerman
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok. Power washing is out. Looks like I'll try the Totally Awesome and a bit more elbow greese! Thanks!