PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Memorial Day story from Lake Sinclair

wolfeman131
05-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Hope all had a safe, fun & enjoyable Memorial Day Holiday. I'm sure there are plenty of stories about drunks, jetskiers, tubers, etc. but I had to share this one with you.

We were out on Sunday for a late afternoon surfing session when we see the DNR (Department of Natural Resources aka Lake Police) boat go racing past, siren blasting and lights flashing. We watch as they get an older center console fishing boat pulled over and admininister a sobriety test to the driver. He fails the test and another DNR boat comes along and tows off his boat. The first DNR boat has three officers and the drunk on board and they start to head back up towards our end of the lake where some folks had pitched tents on the GA Power property. We assumed he was camping there and they were taking him to get his stuff.

We're keeping a casual eye on the situation when all of the sudden, the drunk dives off the DNR boat and starts to swim for the shore! On the road side of our property is the easment where the power lines run from the plant off to the local towns, etc. and this guy is making like Michael Phelps for the point. One DNR officer jumps in after the guy and gets kicked in the chest so his inflatable life vest balloons up and he's bobbing like a duck on the water. The officers on the boat haul him in while the drunk makes it to shore.

The guy ends up running thru our "neighborhood" and ducking/hiding in all sorts of places. Our girls spotted him hiding out in a small ravine that runs along side our property. The DNR make it back into our cove and start running after him, but the drunk is fast as a greased pig. He is shirtless, shoeless and his pants keep falling down, but they can't catch him.

The DNR officers end up using my neighbor's 4 wheeler and Rhino to try and track the guy down the rest of the afternoon, but never did catch him as he kept jumping in and out of the lake, swimming from dock to dock and across the small coves then in and out of the woods. The DNR guys came back to warn us to lock everything up and to be careful as the guy has a few other warrants out for his arrest. I gave them a close up of my AR-15 and they knew we'd be safe.

Fun times!

sicktc06
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Where's the like button?! hahahaha! that's absolutely hilarious!! I unfortunately had no interesting stories, but I will definitely keep an eye on this one. haha

Mikes
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Was he swimming and running around with cuffs on?

bergermaister
05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Damn, that is funny!

I like your "home security system" as well...

a close up of my AR-15

moombadaze
05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Crazy, just crazy

rdlangston13
05-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Well I have been at work all weekend on the Noble Jim Day but my family did make it out to the lake as did my girl friends family and she even got one night off and was able to make it. From what she told me my Uncle Larry saved a girl from drowning on the beach of the lake. Apparently it was pretty close because she stated that "she was almost dead" so that is a pretty traumatic event. Also she said that Saturday night there were some young girls cruising around in a side by side ATV much like a rhino and they hit a ditch and flipped the vehicle and one of the girls from what I heard got her arm "cut off". Care flight was there along with many ambulances. I have not heard any official story from this yet, just word of mouth but just a reminder for everyone to be careful!

I have been looking online and have not been able to find any new article confirming the atv accident. So don't take it as fact.

rc5695
06-02-2011, 07:19 AM
That story's hilarious wolfeman!!!

jmb
06-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Nothing like that going on over here in Tuscaloosa, Wolfeman. The lake over here was pretty quiet. The only thing I had was when I got back to the ramp, I walked up and got the truck and backed the trailer down to load the boat. Got in the boat and started heading towards the trailer and I noticed something on one of the bunks. Thought it was debris or something but turned out to be a snake sun bathing on the bunk. Don't know when it got on there but there were people putting in boats and all that. I don't do snakes. The snake then took off but I had to get into the water to reel the boat the rest of the way up. Tried to get the ole' lady to do it but that was to no avail. That was my excitement.

WaterBullDawg1980
06-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Wolfe keeps it fairly simple at his lakehouse. And you can't say he didn't warn ya.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zkxxQOQbL._SL500_.jpg

jmb
06-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I like that Waterbulldawg

jpetty3023
06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
The local lake here in TEXAS was pretty uneventful as the lake looked like the Atlantic ocean with all the south winds blowing around. I had a bit of excitement myself as I made the biggest noob mistake ever. I launch the boat and after about a minute of floating I notice my bilge pump light come on. I think to myself wow, sprinkler must have sprayed pretty well. I keep close eye on weather so I know we didn't get any rain. After about a minute or two of water shooting out the bilge drain like an elephant pissing after a steady night of drinking it hits me!!!

Yup, you maniacs know what I did!! I've been a boat owner on and off for the last 10 years (I'm only 36) and have never done, or ever thought, I'd FORGET to put my DRAIN PLUG IN.... Glad the auto bilge pump works. I hauled ass to the shore and stuck a finger down in her while my son made the 400 yard run to the truck then the 400 yard run back.... All I can say is I'm pretty confident I will never make that mistake again

rdlangston13
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
http://neatplates.com/SIGN_WARNING_TRESPASSERS_WILL_BE_SHOT.jpg

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zkxxQOQbL._SL500_.jpg

going to need to order a few of these!