PDA

View Full Version : Getting tower wires from back to front bar?

trevormcfar
05-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Anyone get their tower speaker (wire) from the back bar to the front by going through the middle bracke (the one with the night light mounted to?). THis will hide all the wires for a nice look.... If so, please let me know as we are thinking about doing this with our XLV... If there are known issues this may cause, please also advise (ie: structural issues with ski pilon)....

Thanks...

rdlangston13
05-30-2011, 11:11 PM
people have done it but you have to drill alot of extra holes

mmandley
05-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Cab has a thread called another stereo makeover a few threads down and shows how to do this.

I also just did this to my tower last week.

Pm me or email me (it's in my sig) I can explain to you how to do it and give you pictures

cab13367
05-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Anyone get their tower speaker (wire) from the back bar to the front by going through the middle bracke (the one with the night light mounted to?). THis will hide all the wires for a nice look.... If so, please let me know as we are thinking about doing this with our XLV... If there are known issues this may cause, please also advise (ie: structural issues with ski pilon)....

Thanks...

I did a how to on this very thing. See below:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=14721

cab13367
05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
people have done it but you have to drill alot of extra holes

Actually, there's just one extra hole visible. If you make the jump from front to back externally ( (assuming you exit the front tower thru the existing hole for the tower nav light)), you still have to drill a hole in the back tube.

trevormcfar
05-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys... Looks like I got it from all the replies.... This is a great web site for information.... Thanks again!!

trebor-75
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I just finished this same install last weekend. Looks great in my opinion. Once the holes are covered its not very noticeable at all... and i love the wireless look.

It is kinda a pain to get the wires pulled though... luckily I was working on it in my dad's electricians shop :)

Good luck with your install!