PDA

View Full Version : gravity III ballast not working properly

oddos2525
05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
First time out this season, everything was great with the exception of my ballast. When I fill my left rear ballast, both rear ballast fill and possibly the front. Also, the rear left and front drain but my right rear will not. All the valves are open, so my only guess is I might have a bad pump. Any advice would be great. I want to get this thing figured out for this coming weekend. Thank you.

John
2007 Outback V

mmandley
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
First i would check the black switches on the valves make sure there not in the auto mode, other wise when you hit a switch it turns the main pump on and pumps threw all the valves.

Another thing you can do is unscrew the face of the sprinkler valves, make sure there clean inside and add a little lube, such as vasaline to the valve because it might be sticking open slightly after you shut it off the last time it was used and this can allow water to leak past it.

Lastly if that doesnt work you might have bad valves.

Second is for draining, the areator drain pumps have a nasty habit of air locking, this is when air is traped between the impellor and water. To fix this i have had to push on the ballast bag a lot to tray and force this air out while the pump is running, i have also disconnected the line at the pump, this will make the bag drain into the bilge lol.

What i found to fix this problem is vent your ballast bags from the up and Y conntect them to the drain port. This allows all the air to excape the bag while filling it.

oddos2525
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
If I do need to get a new pump, any recommendations on where to get one and what brand?

mmandley
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Honestly if i had to replace them id get the Tsunami pumps from WakeMakers as they are slightly faster drain time and pretty cheap. Im not exactly sure where to get the exact factory replacement pumps.