PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cargo Bimini

FamilyMatters
05-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Got the Monster Cargo Bimini Installed and have used it twice Great Shade and great place to store the Slalom Ski and the Kneeboard.

Thanks to all who posted (Especially Drew's) Details, it was relatively easy and a one man job with some large shop clamps.

Peace
Darren

evoimport6
05-30-2011, 08:58 AM
I have had the same experience. I have the medium size and love it.

KSmith
05-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Looks great, really like the boat colors too

freyse
05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
If you don't mind asking how much and where to order from.

wolfeman131
05-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Price has dropped to $599. Order at monster tower.com.

Looking great Darren! Hope to see it in person in July at the Sinclair Jam.

BobP
05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Now that we have an infant, some shade on the boat would be nice. We are considering this bimini, but wondering if there are any issues with the tow rope on the tower rubbing on the bimini, particularly when surfing and using a shorter rope to get up. Any problems seen by those who have this top installed? Thanks.

wolfeman131
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
Nope, no problems at all. Get it and enjoy!

BobP
05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks Drew, I think we'll get it. Having the little one sure has changed things....getting out on the boat this year is going to be tough.

mattyg06
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Does the bimini go in front of the tower speakers? I am a bit concerned about the height clearance if I get one of these.

wolfeman131
06-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Having the little one sure has changed things....getting out on the boat this year is going to be tough.

Nah, Bob, you will be fine, but might have to do some things a bit different than you're used to. We had our son out just a few months after he was born. Wedge the car seat in the walkway so baby is out of the sun in in close reach. The other weekend, 11 Outback V had a baby swing hanging from his tower for his daughter. Be sure to pack an extra diaper bag (we used the freebee one from the hospital) and some plastic grocery bags for the on-water changes that you'll have to make.

Have a great summer!

wolfeman131
06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Does the bimini go in front of the tower speakers? I am a bit concerned about the height clearance if I get one of these.

check out the Monster install thread for some pics of how different people have mounted this bimini for ideas.

BobP
06-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the advice Drew. Ben just turned 3 months (he was 6 weeks premature, but doing great). We are worried about too much sun exposure and overheating. I guess with the Bimini he should be pretty safe from the sun, though the water reflection might reach him. Did you put any type of protectant on your son? I know they don't recommend for babies under 6 months.

As for the swing, I had the same idea...but the wife wasn't too keen on the idea:D

evoimport6
06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I used speaker clamps, and the bimini sits under the speakers I have.

wolfeman131
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Bob, glad to hear the little man is doing great!

Having the lake house will be a huge benefit as you can limit the time in the sun, but the bimini will be great too. The Monster really provides a lot of shade, especially by the Captain & Observer's seats.

I think my wife bought some special, baby sunscreen that was around 4 times the amount of regular sunscreen. I didn't argue, as it was a small price to pay to be out on the lake with the family.

11 Outback V
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
we had our baby out at about 7 weeks. She rides in her car seat and you can adjust the hood on the seat to cover up the little one.
Now that she is a little stronger we put her in a bouncy thing, technical term, that I hang from the bimini and she loves it. Only thing is you have to watch her when you take off. She likes to swing but the misses doesnt like it very much.

BobP
06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Drew and 11, what did you do about a life vest for the little one...have them in a vest in the car seat ? Thanks for all of the advice, really appreciate it. Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread, no more baby questions from me in this thread.

wolfeman131
06-01-2011, 11:00 PM
found a neoprene one online that had a pillow-type headrest. probably still have it at the lake. used it little, so let me know if you'd like it and I'll send it your way.

BobP
06-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks Drew, but no worries. We got one from someone at work, not nice neoprene but I think it will do the trick. Again, really appreciate the advice/help/offers.

moombadaze
06-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Keep the little one shaded, dont crank the music as there ears are sensative, dont strap them into the car seat-if the worst were to happen that little life jacket wont hold there face up out of the water with the car seat dragging them down.

my .02

BobP
06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, I just purchased the Bimini, now to decide to drill or use clamps.

wolfeman131
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I saw 11 Outback V's setup at the Clermont Jam and it turned out great. Only drawback is the added expense. That would cover a lot of baby formula & diapers! For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with my set up (drilled into tower).

BobP
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I'll probably end up drilling too, just like the idea of being able to change position....basically I don't trust my install skills. Maybe I can start a "fund Bob's Bimini install" thread.:D