PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day

sandm
05-28-2011, 10:37 AM
hope everyone has a good memorial day weekend...

weather here is rain/thunderstorms all weekend and highs in the upper 50's to mid 60's. no boating..

got a 5lb prime rib roast for some family feasting on sunday afternoon and maybe a grilled burger on monday inbetween the rain...

ENJOY...

mmandley
05-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Same to you brother.

We dont have the best weather here today, we are headed to Sears to spend a few thousand on a new fridge, then to Salem to drop off the final 1K payment on the washer dryer, then headed to the new house to remind ourselves why we are spending thousands lol.

Tomorrow i hope the weather holds for partly sun shine upper 60s so me and Al can take the boats out on there first run of the season.

Wouldnt you know it the online bank is closed so i cant bill pay before i spend my money on appliences.

jpetty3023
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Happy Memorial Day to all you moomba maniacs. I just ask that while we are all spending the long holiday weekend with family and friends we just take a moment of silence on Monday to thank our service members who have given the ultimate sacrifice. A moment of silence for our active duty and reserve service members who are currently serving and will not be with loved ones this weekend.

I served 6 years in the Marine Corps and have deep respect for our service men and women past/present/future. Because of them I'm allowed to live such a blessed life. God Bless the USA and you maniacs this weekend!!

Semper Fi....

deerfield
05-29-2011, 03:40 PM
My parents served in WWII. Mom was a Navy officer. Dad enlisted and drove an ammo truck. Thankfully, they both survived. Mom's brother was killed at the age of 19 on a parachute drop over France. Following the example set by others, my oldest is an Army lieutenant. Did ROTC in college. Now is payback time. Military is a good fit for him. He enjoys his assignment and the character development. Memorial Day is special and no matter how much I crab about public policy and taxes, there is no where else I'd rather live than in the USA.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Many thanks to our men and women in uniform. Come from a family of men who have served in all of our Armed Forces. This has always been an important day for all of us.

Plus, I get to show off my culinary skills today. It's a win win for everyone!

jpetty3023
05-29-2011, 11:51 PM
God Bless the USA my brothas!! Enjoy the day and remember those who serve just like you all mentioned above

Razzman
05-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Once you've served you gain a special appreciation for those going through these tough times in the middle east and what sacrifices they are making. I served years in the Army but was fortunate enough to never have been in combat even though I was in a combat mos. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Thanks to all that have and are currently serving their country.

rdlangston13
05-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Grandfather was in the Navy in WWII. Great uncle was in the Army in Vietnam. Sister is currently in the Navy. I have countless friends who have served in every branch, enjoy your Memorial Day but be sure to remember what the day is about.

jmvotto
05-30-2011, 10:40 PM
My great uncle just passed earlier this year at 91. had over 100 flying missions across three wars , I II and the korean war. he was a b24 pilot.

Heres to you Uncle Bob....:D

Specialized22
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Hope it was an awesome and safe holiday weekend for everyone! I just joined the group, and I'm looking for some info on 2 points...

1. One of my reverse lights on my trailer went out, anybody selling one?

2. Thought I'd share my ballast setup- 650lb bow sac, factory 400lb middle sac, and two 750lb rear sacs. For surfing we have the 1100lb fat sac. Thinking of filling one of my leftover 400lb sacs and putting it on the deck as well...let me know your thoughts!

Glad to be a member, this seems to be a great community of boaters! By the way, I own a 2008 Moomba Mobius lsv. Thanks for any help!

kaneboats
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Please start a separate thread for your topics.

Prayers and honor to the fallen and those who proudly serve today as well as those who have blessed us with their service in the past.

2 uncles served in the USMC.
Grandfather started in the USCG at 17 (he was a liar).
Uncle and stepfather served in the Navy.
Cousin and her husband served in the USMC.
Nephew currently in the USAF.

May God watch over our faithful service men and women and let us remember them and, most important, what it is they fight for.