PDA

View Full Version : Fun with fishermen

skiyaker
05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
My dad often is out fishing in his pontoon on the same lake where we wakeboard. He'll throw out a buoy on top of a piece of underwater structure then drift past it dragging a worm in an attempt to catch walleye. Well he was out there last Friday night while we were boarding and of course I had to run up in his stable- keeping enough distance for safety. He called me a short time later and said as soon as we did that he caught a keeper. That was all the permission I needed to use his marker buoy for a turn around point, jumping obstacle and whatnot. Well I finally shut it down and started jawing at him "you darn fishermen always want to park your boat on the calmest part of the lake" and he's yelling back at us "you wakeboarders are a$$holes- shove that board up your ..." The priceless part was the guy in a nearby fishing boat who didn't realize we actually knew each other- I thought he was going to swim over and try to beat me with his tackle box or something. I finally left him with a "suck my wake old man" and gunned it.

Guess you had to be there- I just love the relationship I have with my dad and had to share it.

lsvboombox
05-25-2011, 02:03 PM
lol.... I have almost been tossed in the drink a few times while sitting on the pedestal seat on my bass boat after wakeboard boats passed by....

KSmith
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Great story!

newty
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Thats awesome! Great story.

WaterBullDawg1980
05-25-2011, 02:28 PM
LOL! Thats a good one.

I love to fish so I try my best to respect the guys I see out there fishing, but I can tell you if it was my Dad, I probably wouldn't be satisfied until I had him shouting at me. Luckily he has the same sense of humor I do. :)

zabooda
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Now that is funny. Next time try and see if you can get a gigantic standing wave going.

rdlangston13
05-25-2011, 05:27 PM
We were out riding on the river this weekend and it was pretty windy out, gusts up to 25 mph. Well there was one short stretch of the river where it was blocked from the win and by far the best water for boarding. Well it just so happened that this stretch has about 10 houses on it right next to each other and most of them have small flat bottom type boats tied up to shore. One of the residents came out and told us to ride somewhere else because our wake was hitting his 14 ft flat bottom boat....

rc5695
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
LOL. That was funny skyjacker.

Man I miss Walleye :( None of them here in the South...

On a related note, having grown up in MI, my dad had a slalom course that was permanently set upon the lake. The fishermen always trolled over near it and got pissed off & left when dad would start skiing at 7:00 Sat. morning...Then one day they stuck around and realized that it stirred up the fish I guess, 'cuz they started biting better and the fishing was better while they were skiing. Go figure...

The bass fishermen on a narrower part of the lake weren't as happy... Don't know how many times he's been cast at...