PDA

View Full Version : Seat cushion bolts in bow loose

freyse
05-23-2011, 11:23 PM
The seat cushion bolts on a couple of the cushions have come loose due to nuts and washers coming loose . How does one get up under the cushions to replace nuts and washers, I can not get my arm to squeeze up under as it is to tight.I am talking about the back rest cushions in the bow of the boat my little boy could not get his arm up under either so I am thinking I am Screwed .

mmandley
05-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Only other way is to reme the speakers in the bow. I think they put these on before they drop the top section in but you can get to them at some point because people have re upholstered these seats.

squeeg333
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Ditto what Mike said. I had to tighten a few of the nuts on my seat cushions, and had to go thru the speaker hole. I would HIGHLY recommend having a long sleev shirt when you do this though. That fiberglass likes to embed itself in your arm, and itch like crazy for several days afterward.

wolfeman131
05-26-2011, 09:26 PM
long sleeve shirt or put blue painter's tape around/over the edges so your skin isn't rubbing driectly against the cut fiberglass.

KSmith
05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
long sleeve shirt, blue painters tape on edges, leather welding sleeves and gloves and someone elses arms in them... those fiberglass slivers are horrible!!! Recently ran a length of wiring from thru hull connector in starboard rear locker to on board charger on port side where batteries live... took nearly a week of scrubbing and scratching for the crap to be gone...

Razzman
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM
WIMPS! Tank top all the way! Take it like a man!

I wear a long sleeve shirt too :p

mmandley
05-27-2011, 08:47 AM
I take it like a man every time i work on the boat. I never think about the fiberglass slivers. Not untill the envening when im watching tv and im itching all over..